Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

order for third grade lit? help with daily doing of it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

order for third grade lit? help with daily doing of it?

What is the suggested order of books for Third Grade Literature? Also, I got Moffats instead of Charlotte's Web; should I sub that in the exact spot or put it somewhere differently?

I have all the teacher guides, but this is just one of the few pieces of third grade MP that we are using this year and I don't have the full third grade instructor guide. If someone would be willing to give me a general breakdown/suggested schedule for how to go about doing all the pieces of this, I'd really appreciate it. We've never used anything like the literature guides before! My daughter is a fast but not very accurate reader, if that makes a difference in pacing or anything. We need to work on slow, accurate reading.
    DD1: Third grade: reading, spelling, piano, and art along with MP Mammals, Lit Guides, LC yr 1, and R&S 3 so we are ready for 4NU next year
    DD2: MP Kindergarten
    DS 1: MP Preschool package
    Me: Autoimmune Protocol athlete who loves chai tea with coconut milk, a good book, and the mountains

You can go here and either a) buy each individual book lesson plan or b) just see how long each book is scheduled for! https://www.memoriapress.com/curricu...-lesson-plans/
    Christine

(2019/2020)
    DD1 8/23/09 - SC5/6
    DS2 9/1/11 - SC3,4, 5/6 combo
    DD3 2/9/13 -SC2 to start, MP1 second semester

Previous Years
    DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4’
    DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, SC2)
    DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others, MPK)

Comment

If you look at the list in the third grade core, the order in which they are listed top to bottom is the order in which they are scheduled.
      Mama to 2, Married 17 years

SY 19/20
      DD 8-3A
      DS 5-SC C

Comment

And if you can't buy all 4 individual lit lesson plans (they're pretty affordable and super helpful IMO), you can look at the 3rd grade curriculum manual sample to get a good feel for the first week and how they schedule the lit guides on a daily basis.
        Mama to 2, Married 17 years

SY 19/20
        DD 8-3A
        DS 5-SC C

Comment

I bought the digital lesson plans; thanks so much for pointing that out to me! And I found the list on the core that you mentioned too; thanks!
          DD1: Third grade: reading, spelling, piano, and art along with MP Mammals, Lit Guides, LC yr 1, and R&S 3 so we are ready for 4NU next year
          Me: Autoimmune Protocol athlete who loves chai tea with coconut milk, a good book, and the mountains

Comment

Since this is your first time using MP guides, I’m not sure if you know or not, but having the student read the passage aloud is very helpful for retention, slowing down a fast reader, and for giving you a chance to look at this more carefully. You can always adjust how much of this you do to fit your own schedule, but it’s a good goal to have to do as much of it as you can. You can also tandem read. If you child was in a classroom there would be many students taking turns, rather than just one child reading the whole thing.

AMDG,
            Sarah
            2019-2020 - 9th Year with MP
            DD, 18, Homeschool grad; Art major/philosophy minor
            DS, 16
            DD, 14
            DD, 12
            DD, 10
            DD, 7.5
            DD, 5.5
            +DS+
            DS, 18 months

Comment

Originally posted by KF2000 View Post
              Since this is your first time using MP guides, I’m not sure if you know or not, but having the student read the passage aloud is very helpful for retention, slowing down a fast reader, and for giving you a chance to look at this more carefully. You can always adjust how much of this you do to fit your own schedule, but it’s a good goal to have to do as much of it as you can. You can also tandem read. If you child was in a classroom there would be many students taking turns, rather than just one child reading the whole thing.

AMDG,
              Sarah
              Yes, I am definitely going to have her read aloud as much as I can. It's something we've fallen away from doing now that she's "fluent" but I absolutely love the MP way of doing just a few books very in depth and allowing for that!

Comment

Working...
              X