Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christian Studies I: is there a "places to know" master list?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christian Studies I: is there a "places to know" master list?

Hi! I am going over materials carefully to plan our work, and found a very helpful "Plaecs to Know Master List"/Appendis 5 in my 2nd edition CSIII: is there anything like this in CSI? I can't seem to find it, but would be very glad to have a similar list of most-important places to learn & remember.

thanks so much!
    Ana, mama to
    ds A, 13yo
    ds N, 8yo

Originally posted by serendipitous journey View Post
    Hi! I am going over materials carefully to plan our work, and found a very helpful "Plaecs to Know Master List"/Appendis 5 in my 2nd edition CSIII: is there anything like this in CSI? I can't seem to find it, but would be very glad to have a similar list of most-important places to learn & remember.

thanks so much!
    Good afternoon Ana,

We didn't feel a master appendix was necessary for Christian Studies I because it is a simpler program in which every learned location can fit on only two maps. We can always consider adding one though.

HTH!
    Michael
    Memoria Press

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Good afternoon Ana,

We didn't feel a master appendix was necessary for Christian Studies I because it is a simpler program in which every learned location can fit on only two maps. We can always consider adding one though.

HTH!
      Thanks! Is there a "short list" of places? I wasn't sure we ought to permanently learn all the towns &c but maybe we ought, or do y'all suggest just letting things "go" after the test they are on?
      Ana, mama to
      ds A, 13yo
      ds N, 8yo

Comment

Ana,

These locations will come up frequently in the other Christian Studies courses and in geography, so I wouldn't worry about permanent memory in CSI. If your student has mastered them for the tests, they will continue to be familiar in future years. But if you really want to continue reviewing them, you can just have copies of the maps on hand from the tests that you point to and ask your student to orally identify. But they will get continued exposure to these areas throughout the curriculum.

Tanya

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
          Ana,

These locations will come up frequently in the other Christian Studies courses and in geography, so I wouldn't worry about permanent memory in CSI. If your student has mastered them for the tests, they will continue to be familiar in future years. But if you really want to continue reviewing them, you can just have copies of the maps on hand from the tests that you point to and ask your student to orally identify. But they will get continued exposure to these areas throughout the curriculum.

Tanya
          Thank you, Tanya: I'm happy to go with the master-for-tests option here. Thank you so much!
          Ana, mama to
          ds A, 13yo
          ds N, 8yo

Comment

Working...
          X