FMOG first vs second edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FMOG first vs second edition

Hello all! I am new to MP but have been homeschooling since 2004, eclectically. Most recently Sonlight/Bookshark. Anyway. I was given a first ed. FMOG and wondered how it will match up to the guides. Is it easy to use with the second edition guides, or should I purchase a new one?
    Phoebe, mother of 10, homeschooling since 2004

Fox ('00, HS grad, autism), Abby ('01, HS grad), Bede ('03, autism), Gilbert ('04), Trix ('06), Gloria ('08), Dorothy ('12), Clementine ('14, autism), Peregrine ('16), Malcolm ('18)

2020-2021:
    MP 9, SC 7&8, MP 7, SC 2, SC B, SC A

Are you talking about the actual text? I’m pretty sure the only difference is the pictures. The new edition has color and bigger/more pictures. Page numbers won’t match up but for the most part everything is listed by title not page number so you can know which chapter and look up your own page numbers if needed.
    Debbie- mom of 7, civil engineering grad, married to mechanical engineer
    DD, 27, BFA '17 graphic design and illustration
    DS, 25, BS '18 mechanical engineering
    DS, 23, BS '20 Chemsitry, pursuing phd at Wash U
    (DDIL married #3 in 2020, MPOA grad, BA '20 philosophy, pusrsing phd at SLU)
    DS, 21, Physics and math major
    DD, 18, dyslexic, 12th grade dual enrolled
    DS, 14, future engineer/scientist/ world conquerer 9th MPOA diploma student
    DD, 8 , 2nd Future astronaut, robot building space artist

Comment

Agreeing with momgineer.

Tanya

Comment

Oh good, that's just what I was hoping.
        Phoebe, mother of 10, homeschooling since 2004

Fox ('00, HS grad, autism), Abby ('01, HS grad), Bede ('03, autism), Gilbert ('04), Trix ('06), Gloria ('08), Dorothy ('12), Clementine ('14, autism), Peregrine ('16), Malcolm ('18)

2020-2021:
        MP 9, SC 7&8, MP 7, SC 2, SC B, SC A

Comment

It looks like they added a pronunciation guide to the new one...I might get a digital copy of the book just to get the pronunciation guide ;-)
          Tahara

Homeschooling two boys
          DS -21 (9/00) Homeschool graduate, in college
          DS -17 (9/04) (SN)
          DS -15 (7/06)

Comment

Originally posted by The Autumn Oak View Post
            It looks like they added a pronunciation guide to the new one...I might get a digital copy of the book just to get the pronunciation guide ;-)
            This would be wonderful! I don't think they publish a digital version ... maybe they do? it would be so nice to have one.
            Ana, mama to
            ds A, 15 yo
            ds N, 10 yo

Comment

The EBook version is of the first edition, so the guide will not be there...I am not sure if there is an ebook for the second edition...
              Tahara

Homeschooling two boys
              DS -21 (9/00) Homeschool graduate, in college
              DS -17 (9/04) (SN)
              DS -15 (7/06)

Comment

Good afternoon,

We don't want anyone to feel they have to repurchase the Famous Men of Greece text just for the pronunciation guide, so I've attached the guide to this post.

HTH!
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X