Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sodalitas/Pre-Conference Sessions

Good morning!

I signed up for the conference a couple of months ago and the tracks have changed. I have a few questions..

Where does the "Top 10 Myths About Homeschooling Math" track fit in the schedule? I don't see it on either day. Same thing with "Reflecting on the Daily Discipline of Devotions".

The Pre-conference "Algebra!" track looks to be a half day on the schedule. I'm not sure if I'll do this one, but if so, could I do a morning Latin for a refresher?

Pre-Conference CC: I had originally wanted to do this, but after looking at the schedule, it looks to only cover through Ref/Con? The description says "will give and overview of each level".. Will Mrs. Johnson stop at Ref/con or go further? If she is stopping, then I'll switch to Common Topic and Beyond breakout session.

Lastly, how do I go about switching my choices? I had originally chose "New MP Faith products". I'd like to replace that with Augustine, Chesterton, Lewis. And I may need to change a couple of others based upon the answers of my above questions.

Thanks for helping me sort this out! Getting pretty excited!

Katie

2019/20 6th year with MP
    DS 15: 10th, MPOA: Latin & HS Comp II
    DD 12: 7th, MPOA: Latin, Pre-Algebra, Chreia/Maxim & Ref/Con
    DD 9: 4th using 3A
    Twin DD's 7: 1st

Pretty sure Math and Devotions are both on Tuesday.
    Festina lentē,
    Jessica P

SY2019-2020 · 8th MP Year
    @ Home, HLN, & MPOA
    S · 10th, MPOA Henle 3
    D · 8th
    D · 5th
    S · 2nd

Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School

Comment

I just checked the schedule on the website and I'm not seeing the new sessions either. I know the "Supplementing Christian Studies" is now the Devotions one. I'm not sure which one "Top 10 Myths" is replacing. If you call MP directly, they can assist you with your choices!
      Christine

(2019/2020)
      DD1 8/23/09 - SC5/6
      DS2 9/1/11 - SC3,4, 5/6 combo
      DD3 2/9/13 -SC2 to start, MP1 second semester

Previous Years
      DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4’
      DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, SC2)
      DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others, MPK)

Comment

Originally posted by Katie View Post
        Good morning!

I signed up for the conference a couple of months ago and the tracks have changed. I have a few questions..

Where does the "Top 10 Myths About Homeschooling Math" track fit in the schedule? I don't see it on either day. Same thing with "Reflecting on the Daily Discipline of Devotions".

The Pre-conference "Algebra!" track looks to be a half day on the schedule. I'm not sure if I'll do this one, but if so, could I do a morning Latin for a refresher?

Pre-Conference CC: I had originally wanted to do this, but after looking at the schedule, it looks to only cover through Ref/Con? The description says "will give and overview of each level".. Will Mrs. Johnson stop at Ref/con or go further? If she is stopping, then I'll switch to Common Topic and Beyond breakout session.

Lastly, how do I go about switching my choices? I had originally chose "New MP Faith products". I'd like to replace that with Augustine, Chesterton, Lewis. And I may need to change a couple of others based upon the answers of my above questions.

Thanks for helping me sort this out! Getting pretty excited!
        Good afternoon Katie,

"Top 10 Myths About Homeschooling Math" will be an additional breakout available during the "Science block" (3:35-4:30 on Tuesday). "Reflecting on the Daily Discipline of Devotions" will replace "Supplementing Christian Studies" in the "Christian Studies block" (2:20-3:15 Tuesday). I'm not sure why the updated schedule isn't visible on the website, but we'll get that fixed ASAP!

The "Algebra" Pre-Conference track is a half day in the afternoon, and you're welcome to attend one of the full-day Latin tracks for the morning only. Just let us know which Latin track once you've decided so we can register you for it.

The Pre-Conference "Classical Composition" track will stop with Ref/Con. While Abigail Johnson will certainly answer questions about higher levels, they will not be formally covered.

Finally, to make any changes at Sodalitas please email sodalitas@memoriapress.com, and you can include any Pre-Conference changes in that email.

I hope I've answered all of your questions. If not, or if you have any more, please let me know!
        Last edited by Michael; 06-26-2019, 11:55 AM.
        Michael
        Memoria Press

Comment

Working...
        X