Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MP Physical Science Lesson Plans vs. "the cd"

Hi There,

Can anyone tell me the difference between the Memoria Press Physical Science lesson plans vs. the lesson plans that come on the resource CD?
    Cathy aka The Attached Mama
    2019-2020
    DS 12, 7th Grade
    DD 11, 6th Grade
    DS 5, K

Hello.

I'm hoping Cindy Davis knows more about this than I do. I really don't know the differences. But our lesson plans are what our teachers are teaching in the classroom. I'm not sure how well they line up with Novare's. I think we did these plans too because people seem to think our plans are easy to follow and are always asking us to make MP plans even if they have plans from another source. I think that may be because teachers tend to be very organized and meticulous, so the plans are straight-forward.

Tanya

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
      Hello.

I'm hoping Cindy Davis knows more about this than I do. I really don't know the differences. But our lesson plans are what our teachers are teaching in the classroom. I'm not sure how well they line up with Novare's. I think we did these plans too because people seem to think our plans are easy to follow and are always asking us to make MP plans even if they have plans from another source. I think that may be because teachers tend to be very organized and meticulous, so the plans are straight-forward.

Tanya
      Oh yes, I am a lesson plan SNOB. And I think Memoria Press Lesson plans are simply amazing. I just wanted to get some more information before purchasing.
      Cathy aka The Attached Mama
      2019-2020
      DS 12, 7th Grade
      DD 11, 6th Grade
      DS 5, K

Comment

The MP lesson plans give you a day to day break out of what to do. If I remember it even lists page numbers or section numbers. The CD has a list of lessons but it is not as clear. It’s been awhile since i used Physical science and we used the MP plans. Just this past year I used Introductory Physics and MP does not have plans for that. I used the CD plans and it was so confusing. It has a list by day, but would often say “discuss zzzz” and i had to figure out where that was in the book in order to assign it to my daughter. Basically? I had to sit down with their lesson list and the text and figure out what they were trying to assign so I could write down actual page numbers or chapter section numbers for my daughter. And often it would give three days to do a calculations section so I broke it up and assigned 1/3 of the questions each day.
        Basically the MP plans are laid out in the beautiful MP style and ghe cd plans are very small print in list form. The MP plans are clear in what to do each day while the cd plans can be vague. You can get by with the cd plans but the MP plans are relatively cheap and make it much easier.
        Debbie- mom of 7, civil engineering grad, married to mechanical engineer
        DD, 25, BFA '17 graphic design and illustration
        DS, 23, BS '18 mechanical engineering
        DS, 21, chemistry major
        DS, 18, Physics major
        DD, 15, dyslexic, 10th grade customizednMP plus co-op
        DS, 12, super squirmy, possible dysgraphia, MP 7A
        DD, 6 , K- finally one who seems to like drawing and writing- first one since my oldest!

Comment

Working...
        X