Question about the Review Box

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about the Review Box

I'm looking at the description of the Review Box. I'm confused about shifting the cards - specifically, shifting cards from the Days of the Week to the Date section. The information says that it's best to match the lesson number to the date number where Lesson 1 groups would go to Date number 1, etc.

I'm doing 3M, not 3A.

What do you advise when the Lessons only go up to 14 (English Grammar, Latin, etc), leaving dates 15-31 empty? Do you just divide them in half amongst the remaining dates? Or do you keep the lessons together and then add to them the following year with 4M, leaving the date/lesson sections together?

I'm guessing this is probably a problem unique to 3M and 4M since it is a divided section for classical studies.
    Melissa

DS (MP3) - 9
    DS (MP2) - 7/8
    DS (K) - 6
    DD (Adorable distraction) 2 1/2

Originally posted by MBentley View Post
    I'm looking at the description of the Review Box. I'm confused about shifting the cards - specifically, shifting cards from the Days of the Week to the Date section. The information says that it's best to match the lesson number to the date number where Lesson 1 groups would go to Date number 1, etc.

I'm doing 3M, not 3A.

What do you advise when the Lessons only go up to 14 (English Grammar, Latin, etc), leaving dates 15-31 empty? Do you just divide them in half amongst the remaining dates? Or do you keep the lessons together and then add to them the following year with 4M, leaving the date/lesson sections together?

I'm guessing this is probably a problem unique to 3M and 4M since it is a divided section for classical studies.
    Good afternoon Melissa,

I'm not sure where all the 3R/4R review-box users are, so I thought I'd take a stab. It looks to me like the "lesson # with date #" system is designed to ensure (a) that all subjects are reviewed every day and (b) the amount of reviewed material within each subject is reasonable (e.g., one lesson's worth). With that in mind, I'm wondering if one of the following systems would work:
    • Combine the date sections so that you have "1/16," "2/17," "3/18," etc. This would ensure all of the half-pace subjects are reviewed twice a month. For the full-year-pace subjects (Mammals and Literature), you could divide learned cards evenly throughout the combined sections.
    • Alternatively, you could spread the half-pace subjects over two days. For example, your even-numbered days could be Classical Studies and Latin, and your odd-numbered days could be Christian Studies, English Grammar, and States & Capitals. Full-year-pace subjects would follow the regular pattern (lesson 1 on day 1, etc.).
    Hopefully some other review-box users will chime in soon. I'll also make a note in our proof to amend the instructions in 3R/4R to account for the half-pace subjects. Thank you very much for pointing this out, and please follow up if you have further questions!
    Michael
    Memoria Press

Comment

Working...
    X