3M pacing for Greek Myths and States & Capitals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3M pacing for Greek Myths and States & Capitals

I used 4NU with my fourth grader this year, so I'm familiar with the one-year pace of both Greek Myths and States and Capitals. I'm not using a full core for my rising 3rd grader next year, but am thinking about having him start both GM and S&C at the 2-year pace. Can anyone tell me what to expect from the 3M lesson plans and how they would differ from the ones I have in my 4NU manual? Are the lessons cut in half (completing the first half one week and the second half the next week) or are they scheduled the same but with an extra week to master the material? I'd like to buy the 2-year pacing lesson plans for these subjects if it would make scheduling easier, but if it's super easy to adapt what I already have I should probably not spend the extra money:-) I peeked at the the 3M curriculum manual sample, and the assignments looked pretty much identical in length to the first week in 4NU. There's only one week featured though, so it's hard to get a feel for what to expect. Thanks for your help!

Thinking of them as cut in half is a good way to think of it. For Greek Myths, they study the vocabulary and facts to know for both weeks. But they do half of the reading, and half of the Comp questions each week. For S&C, it’s not quite so precise because there are times when you are learning a new region and whatnot - so that becomes the lesson. But otherwise, it’s about a state a week instead of two states per week in the one-year pace. They each have one main block of work per week, with another time for review.

AMDG,
    Sarah
    2019-2020 - 9th Year with MP
    DD, 18, Homeschool grad; Art major/philosophy minor
    DS, 16
    DD, 14
    DD, 12
    DD, 10
    DD, 7.5
    DD, 5.5
    +DS+
    DS, 18 months