Christian Studies I & Copybook Cursive for 3A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christian Studies I & Copybook Cursive for 3A

I noticed that the Copybook Cursive has the student write out the memory verse from Christian Studies I on Tuesday, Thursday and optionally on Friday. My only question has to do with the lesson plans from 3A asking the student to write out the Bible verse from memory on Thursday before being orally quizzed on it on Friday. It seems weird to copy it in the CC and separately write it from memory on a separate sheet of paper the same day, then write it in CC on Friday (unless this is a helpful review before the oral quiz). Is this the way they do it at HLS? In my mind, I would rather have my student do the copybook on M-T-W, then write from memory on Thursday and recite on Friday, but would this throw off the workflow doing NAC on Thurs/Fri?

Does anyone have experience with this?
    Mama to 2

Summer:
    MPK with SC1 Phonics & Math
    SY 20/21
    4A

I don't know the answer. Actually, I just bought the standard 3rd grade package and noticed that the copybook wasn't part of it. It didn't make sense to not memorize verses or the Greek stuff in the 3rd grade when we are actually covering them. So I added it to the standard 3rd grade course. I don't know the answer to your question though. Your method would make more sense to me.
    Melissa

DS (MP3) - 9
    DS (MP2) - 7/8
    DS (K) - 6
    DD (Adorable distraction) 2 1/2

Comment

Good afternoon,

Thank you all for your patience. The Copybook Cursive directions in the Classical/Christian Studies row are an accidental duplication of the Cursive row's directions and can be ignored. Follow only the directions in the Cursive row instead. We'll update the CMs as soon as we can, and our apologies for the confusion.

HTH!
      Michael
      Memoria Press

Comment

So, to be clear, does this mean we don't try to have the student write from dictation on Thursday? Just request an oral Recitation as part of the CSI Friday quiz?
        Mama to 2

Summer:
        MPK with SC1 Phonics & Math
        SY 20/21
        4A

Comment

That is correct. You can do oral dictation if you want to and it helps your student to memorize the verse, but the student will be tested on oral recitation.

Tanya

Comment

Working...
          X