Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peabody Test

Hi!

We just had our yearly standardized test(our state's requirement). We use the Peabody. I'm just curious if anyone else uses that test and how you consider the results. My children tested pretty high in some areas. I think they are doing great, but I feel like the results might be inflated? Just curious if anyone has any experience with it. Thanks,

Callie

Hello Callie

Were you testing with the oral PIAT (Peabody Individualized Assessment Test)? The results seem to be a somewhat reliable form of assessment. From what I have read about the PIAT, there is a bit of question as to the reliability of the written expression portion, which is an added assessment. However, your children are probably doing quite well. A good recommendation for testing is the Iowa Test of Basic Skills. Maybe that is something to consider for next year. It is very complete in its scope of assessment. Testing is never a fear for committed homeschoolers and it sounds like you are on top of things. Good job!

Kathy B

Comment

Kathy,

Yes, we used the oral PIAT. Thank you very much for your answer and encouragement. It is appreciated.

Callie

Comment

Working...
      X