Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nerdmom
    replied
    Heidi was the first book my (then) reluctant reader loved. He giggled lots at the vivid descriptions of kittens and begged to keep reading. He asked to have the book when he grows up and moves out. Milestone book in our family!

Leave a comment:

• MyLittleWonders
    replied
    Another vote for Heidi - all three of my bigs boys have read it and loved it. I wouldn't skip it.

Leave a comment:

• carriede
    replied
    Uh, okay then! Y'all just saved me $35.
    And he has read My Side of the Mountain already, just not with the awesome lit guides.

Leave a comment:

• Sugarbelle
    replied
    Dianna, I just read it this past year before my son did and I loved it. It made me laugh and cry.

Leave a comment:

• DiannaKennedy
    replied
    Originally posted by carriede View Post
    DS10 will be doing 5M next year, and I'm considering subbing Heidi with My Side of the Mountain. What do you guys think? I haven't read either book, but just from glancing through each one, I think My Side would suit his tastes better.
    Another vote for Heidi. My guys will be studying it in the fall.

I agree with Sugarbelle -- there are SO MANY lessons there. I didn't read it as a child, and when I listened/read it with my daughter a few years ago, it quickly jumped into my favorites.

Leave a comment:

• Sugarbelle
    replied
    My son actually read both this year. He really enjoyed Heidi and when he finished, he read My Side of the Mountain. We didn't do MP poetry or the book quizzes or tests, so I'm assuming that's why he had time to read all the books. I wouldn't hesitate to have your son read Heidi, though, because it is such a wonderful story with important lessons. It's very engaging as well.

Leave a comment:

• carriede
    started a topic Subbing Heidi

Subbing Heidi

DS10 will be doing 5M next year, and I'm considering subbing Heidi with My Side of the Mountain. What do you guys think? I haven't read either book, but just from glancing through each one, I think My Side would suit his tastes better.
Working...
X