New material production roll out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New material production roll out

I've been watching the threads and I see that the program has gone through some updating in the last few months. Actually, it seems apparent that this is a dynamic program and every time a consensus happens at the school or from discussion with parents, the program may have a subtle shift in subjects or lesson plans. I love that though so it's not a criticism.

I guess that the real question I have is this. Is there a time window when new materials are often printed and curriculum is updated? Like around February every year? I'm asking because it seems like I'm similar to many others in that I start looking forward to next year before I finish this year. Orders during this window of flux could be confusing if parents get pieces of old with the new.

Is Feb one of those months where these changes are likely to occur?
    Melissa

DS (MP3) - 9
    DS (MP2) - 7/8
    DS (K) - 6
    DD (Adorable distraction) 2 1/2

Hello.

There isn't really a time frame when changes occur. We are constantly working with our teachers, so change could occur any time. I keep thinking we are finished with primary grades, and then we change something. But the things we changed this year are all supplemental, so don't feel you have to adopt them. The new spelling practice and grammar practice have been used in our classrooms informally, but we just decided this year to pass them on to those who would like extra work to do. Since our primary students only go to school 2-3 days a week, our teachers were looking for work they could send home for parents to do with their children. Our decision to pass them on to you was because you have your children 5 days a week, and some families are looking for more to do in their school days.

Tanya

Comment

Over the years, I've learned to email or call as I'm planning my order, to make sure that the classes that I have are 'as pictured' on the website or catalog. Tanya and the team really don't mind answering questions or helping you plan.
      Plans for 2019-20

DD1 - 24 - College Grad and rocking her own bakery business
      DD2 - 13 - 8A Louisville HLS Cottage School and MPOA
      DS3 - 11 - 4A Louisville HLS Cottage School
      DS4 - 11 - 4A Louisville HLS Cottage School
      DD5 - 7 - MP2, Louisville HLS Cottage School
      DS6 - 5 - MP K

[url]www.thekennedyadventures.com/all-about-our-memoria-press-homeschool[/url]

Comment

I hope no one takes offense to the question. I'm just remembering my own career days. There were annual deadlines for things - like budgets. Oh I hated the budget season. Anyways, I was wondering if there were "last chance publishing deadlines". Every once in a while we see corrections posted to study guides in a few subjects (a multiple choice here or a constellation name there) and someone would mention that it would be corrected on the "next print". I was just wondering if that was a hard deadline every year. I like Dianna's idea for giving you guys a call first.
        Melissa

DS (MP3) - 9
        DS (MP2) - 7/8
        DS (K) - 6

Comment

Tanya,

Speaking of new materials, how is it looking for Dorothy Mills Renaissance and Reformation Times?
          DS, 13, 8th grade
          DS, 10, 5th grade

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarbelle View Post
            Speaking of new materials, how is it looking for Dorothy Mills Renaissance and Reformation Times?
            Not Tanya, but I can tell you that the program is now in the hands of our graphic designer, so it is progressing! Once it's formatted and then edited, it'll be ready to go.

HTH!
            Michael
            Memoria Press

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Not Tanya, but I can tell you that the program is now in the hands of our graphic designer, so it is progressing! Once it's formatted and then edited, it'll be ready to go.

HTH!
              Thanks, Michael. So does that mean by the fall or later?
              DS, 13, 8th grade
              DS, 10, 5th grade

Comment

Hello.

Sorry for the delayed, and thanks to Michael for stepping in. I had a fall in a hotel shower when doing a school visit last week, and I have some kind of severe muscular damage in my lower back. I am home recovering and in less pain now, but still have limited mobility. That said, I am going to try to be well for FPEA!

We don't have a hard deadline for reprints. We are reprinting constantly based on inventory. We have between 700-800 titles that we publish now, so what used to be short reprint season is now year round. I'm sorry that complicates things, but if you are worried about a particular title, we can always tell you where it is. Most reprints only concern minor errors caught by you guys, but we also tend to rewrite some as our teachers demand.

We will shoot for fall for the Renaissance guide, but I can't promise it. I'm excited for this course, so I would love to release it asap!

Tanya

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
                  Hello.

Sorry for the delayed, and thanks to Michael for stepping in. I had a fall in a hotel shower when doing a school visit last week, and I have some kind of severe muscular damage in my lower back. I am home recovering and in less pain now, but still have limited mobility. That said, I am going to try to be well for FPEA!

We don't have a hard deadline for reprints. We are reprinting constantly based on inventory. We have between 700-800 titles that we publish now, so what used to be short reprint season is now year round. I'm sorry that complicates things, but if you are worried about a particular title, we can always tell you where it is. Most reprints only concern minor errors caught by you guys, but we also tend to rewrite some as our teachers demand.

We will shoot for fall for the Renaissance guide, but I can't promise it. I'm excited for this course, so I would love to release it asap!

Tanya
                  Oh Tanya, I'm sorry about your fall! I pray you will heal quickly.

We're doing Mill's Middle Ages next fall, so I'm really hoping the Renaissance guide will be available by next spring to round out our year. I'm excited about it, too! Do you have any plans for a Gulliver's Travels guide?
                  DS, 13, 8th grade
                  DS, 10, 5th grade

Comment

Hello.

Tanya
                    I am so very sorry. Sending prayers your way. Those muscle stem machines on Amazon for under $25 can help a lot. I was in a major car wreck a about 18 months ago. Saved my bacon to have this device at home.
                    Melissa

DS (MP3) - 9
                    DS (MP2) - 7/8
                    DS (K) - 6

Comment

Prayers, Tanya, for quick healing!
                      Brit

Catholic mom to five
                      2019-2020:
                      Ds '01 - College freshman: Thomas Aquinas College
                      Ds '03 - 10th grade: MPOA Algebra 2, and a bunch of other stuff
                      Ds '06 - 8th: MP Tiner science (chemistry, physics, and astronomy), 8M lit, 8M Exploring Planet Earth, ancient history, OLVS 8 Catechism
                      Dd '10 (Down syndrome) - JrK with little brother and BOB books
                      Ds '15 - JrK with big sister

Comment

Thank you so much for the prayers! I am used to my back slipping out, but this muscular injury is a totally different thing to deal with. I ordered a muscle stem machine, Melissa, so thanks for that suggestion!

Tanya

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarbelle View Post
                          Do you have any plans for a Gulliver's Travels guide?
                          Michael jumping in again While we're certainly open to writing a guide for Gulliver's Travels, that novel is not one on which we've already settled, so it would be quite awhile before we could eventually write a guide for it.

HTH!
                          Michael
                          Memoria Press

Comment

Thank you so much for the prayers! I am used to my back slipping out, but this muscular injury is a totally different thing to deal with. I ordered a muscle stem machine, Melissa, so thanks for that suggestion!

Tanya
                            Prayers for comfort from the pain and quick healing, tanya.
                            2019/2020 - 2nd MP Year
                            S - 5, K @ home and HLN
                            D - 3, rising through minor leagues quickly
                            S - 2, the master of disasters

Comment

Is there any update on Mills's R&R book? I'm excited about it being published by MP.
                              Brit

Catholic mom to five
                              2019-2020:
                              Ds '01 - College freshman: Thomas Aquinas College
                              Ds '03 - 10th grade: MPOA Algebra 2, and a bunch of other stuff
                              Ds '06 - 8th: MP Tiner science (chemistry, physics, and astronomy), 8M lit, 8M Exploring Planet Earth, ancient history, OLVS 8 Catechism
                              Dd '10 (Down syndrome) - JrK with little brother and BOB books
                              Ds '15 - JrK with big sister

Comment

Working...
                              X