Famous Men of Greece

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Famous Men of Greece

If one wants to do Famous Men of Greece with all the lessons including the Myths part that MP doesn’t cover in their 7th grade plans, are there individual plans that lay it all out without the Horatio plans muddling it? Especially asking for new customers thinking they are getting plans for the whole book and are shocked to discover the plans are missing a good chunk of the book but include plans for a book they aren’t using (Horatio).
    Debbie- mom of 7, civil engineering grad, married to mechanical engineer
    DD, 26, BFA '17 graphic design and illustration
    DS, 24, BS '18 mechanical engineering
    DS, 22, BS '20 Chemsitry, pursuing phd at Wash U
    (DDIL married #3 in 2020, MPOA grad, BA '20 philosophy, pusrsing phd at SLU)
    DS, 20, Physics major
    DD, 17, dyslexic, 11th grade customizednMP plus co-op
    DS, 13, future engineer/scientist/ world conquerer 8A
    DD, 7 , 1ST Future astronaut, robot building space artist

Originally posted by momgineer View Post
    If one wants to do Famous Men of Greece with all the lessons including the Myths part that MP doesn’t cover in their 7th grade plans, are there individual plans that lay it all out without the Horatio plans muddling it? Especially asking for new customers thinking they are getting plans for the whole book and are shocked to discover the plans are missing a good chunk of the book but include plans for a book they aren’t using (Horatio).
    Good afternoon Dorinda,

We currently do not have any lesson plans that schedule every lesson of FMOG as we do not use all of that program in our curriculum packages. We titled the plans "Famous Men of Greece and Horatius at the Bridge Lesson Plans" so that customers would know the plans were for two books, but perhaps we also need to add a note clarifying which lessons of FMOG are scheduled. It's certainly something we'll consider! Finally, if you or anyone else purchases the plans and then discovers they are not what was expected, please reach out to us by emailing [email protected] or calling 1-877-862-1097. We certainly don't want anyone to be stuck with plans that won't work for them, and we will do whatever we can to resolve the issue

HTH!

Comment

Thanks Michael. You have a pretty disappointed customer on our fb group. I think clarifying that the first 10 lessons are missing would be a good idea. I totally get why they are how they are. Maybe it wouldn’t take too much to pull up the very old plans (I think they are about 2 iterations ago) that just have FMOG with all lessons. I’m pretty sure I remember Tanya sending me something like that when I had issues with the Trojan War being in the FMOG line and scheduling multiple chapters in one day once a week back when my 9th grader was in 7th. But I might be remembering wrong.
      DS, 20, Physics major

Comment

Originally posted by momgineer View Post
        Thanks Michael. You have a pretty disappointed customer on our fb group. I think clarifying that the first 10 lessons are missing would be a good idea. I totally get why they are how they are. Maybe it wouldn’t take too much to pull up the very old plans (I think they are about 2 iterations ago) that just have FMOG with all lessons. I’m pretty sure I remember Tanya sending me something like that when I had issues with the Trojan War being in the FMOG line and scheduling multiple chapters in one day once a week back when my 9th grader was in 7th. But I might be remembering wrong.
        Oh no! If you don't mind, please ask this customer to reach out to us. She (He?) is welcome to contact me directly by emailing [email protected] since I'm already somewhat familiar with her situation. In the meantime, I'll dig through our archive (and check with Tanya) to see if we do have old plans that schedule all of FMOG.

Comment

I passed on your earlier reply and I think she emailed the address you posted then. I’ll give her yours too. Thanks for listening. I always credit MP with incredible customer service and as always you are awesome!
          DS, 20, Physics major

Comment

I let her know that all the lessons are scheduled in the separate 6th Grade Classical Studies Lesson plans that I have in my downloads, so I thought you might be able to help her out by giving her a download of that if she purchased her curriculum guide from MP.
            Kristin
            Kristin - Administrator for Vita Beata (discussion classes for MP users)
            DD19; AFROTC and Aerospace Engineering Major
            DD17; Senior - doing MP Divine Comedy, Renaissance & Reformation, Cicero & Augustine, and moderating 4th Grade Literature for Vita Beata.

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma
              Even if all the lessons aren’t spelled out, it is pretty easy to apply the pattern to the unused lessons. That is what I did with my older guys. Just an idea.
              I understand I can do this. Its the fact that I paid for lesson plans for a course and it is missing 1/3 of the lessons. I have 9 kids and I paid for the plans to lesson my workload. Had it been noted that this product started at lesson 11, I would not be upset as I would have known I was not purchasing a complete lesson plan. This is our first course with MP.

Comment

Originally posted by klwalukas View Post
                I let her know that all the lessons are scheduled in the separate 6th Grade Classical Studies Lesson plans that I have in my downloads, so I thought you might be able to help her out by giving her a download of that if she purchased her curriculum guide from MP.
                Kristin
                Thank You. I did purchase the whole course (FMOG) plus the individual lesson plan from Memoria Press.

Comment

Hello.

We have edited the FMG lesson plans so that they now include Lessons 1-10 as optional with an explanation in the Teaching Guidelines. Let us know if we can do anything else to help.

Tanya

Comment

Hello, I'm using this thread to ask a different question about Famous Men of Greece.

I have a TG for FMOG that I bought a few years ago (maybe 2016?) and I see that the Table of Contents differs from the TG sample online. I'm wondering if I should replace this guide to match up with the student guide. The differences I see are that there are more pages in the updated TG, but I can't see what's new other than a list a drill questions. I'm thinking the drill questions might be on the flashcards anyway. I don't need it to match up perfectly, but if there are significant changes, I'll replace the TG.

Thank you!
                    Monica
                    Monica
                    S - 14
                    S - 12

Comment

Hello.

I think the page numbers changed because we edited the maps. The content is basically the same, so if you don't care about them lining up perfectly, I think you will be fine. The drill questions should be in both versions. I don't remember publishing this book without those questions, unless you have one from before my time!

Tanya
                      ​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
                        Hello.

I think the page numbers changed because we edited the maps. The content is basically the same, so if you don't care about them lining up perfectly, I think you will be fine. The drill questions should be in both versions. I don't remember publishing this book without those questions, unless you have one from before my time!

Tanya
                        ​​​​​
                        Thank you for your reply! I think it's one of yours, Tanya. It's 2007, 1st edition, with your and Leigh Lowe's names. It doesn't have a separate section of Drill Questions as in other guides, but all those questions would be captured in the unit reviews and flashcards, wouldn't they?
                        Monica
                        S - 14
                        S - 12

Comment

Well, that's interesting. Ha! I don't remember printing it without those drill questions! They existed before the guides. But, yes, they are all in the flashcards, so you are golden!

Tanya
                          ​​​​​

Comment

Of course there is the very real possibility that in six months, knee-deep in FMOG, I'll open the TG one morning and lo and behold . . . there's Tanya's drill questions, exactly where she put them! It might just be that today my brain is missing them - I have those brain days!
                            Monica
                            S - 14
                            S - 12

Comment

Originally posted by KikaMarie View Post
                              Of course there is the very real possibility that in six months, knee-deep in FMOG, I'll open the TG one morning and lo and behold . . . there's Tanya's drill questions, exactly where she put them! It might just be that today my brain is missing them - I have those brain days!
                              I have the same guide- 2007 First Edition and it does not have drill questions. I specifically remember missing them (once I discovered they exist in FMOR!). My FMOR and FMOMA has drill questions but my FMOG does not. My FMOMA was published in 2006 and I do t have my FMOR available right now but I’m pretty sure it was bought before I bought the Greece one. So it’s not you, Monica. It’s Tanya! Ya know we luv ya Tanya! I think this just must have accidentally gotten left out in one printing of the FMOG.
                              DS, 20, Physics major

Comment

Working...
                              X