Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KF2000
    replied
    Yes, DO continue, at whatever pace you need to go! We have had so many periods of taking things slowly to let them sink in, or just to be frustrated at difficult things, only to find that soon they were zooming through again later.

This is why I love that they do the NLE! It’s also the reason for dance performances and piano recitals...it lifts them all out of the day-to-day grind to enjoy the fruits of their labors for just a bit - and to receive appropriate praise from all of us for their hard work. Everyone needs some of that to keep going, you know? Even my senior remarked, “Oh, so I guess I really am doing ok!” *palm-smack* They really don’t realize that what they are doing is so good, and so special until they get some recognition

cheers to all!
    AMDG,
    Sarah

Leave a comment:

• pickandgrin
    replied
    I love this, Hermione!

Ezra (Level 3) and Maggie (Level 1) each earned gold medals, both 39/40! I'm so proud not only of my kids, but of all of your kids. I'm feeling very much like their aunt over here reading your reports. And I'm proud of you parents for stepping out and giving your children this opportunity. The fruit is sweet!

Leave a comment:

• hermione310
    replied
    Lots of excitement over here as well!

DD 6th grade - Intro - 37/40 - certificate and ribbon

We were on the fence with whether to continue Latin before we received our results. Our schedule is pretty tight next year with Latin and Spanish and science ratcheting up, and Third Form is taking longer than anticipated to complete. This means that (sigh) we won't be done in time to start the MPOA Fourth Form class in the fall. It pained me to think of dropping Latin entirely, but I didn't see how we could handle it at home with our other coursework. DD was so excited when she got her results that she begged to keep Latin, suggesting that we pursue Fourth Form independently at whatever pace it took to finish it.

The thought of teaching 4th Form at home seems overwhelming. (Thank you, however, to the moms that have posted on the forum that they've taken this adventure and seen the finish line!) But hearing my daughter get so excited about learning, and particularly about Latin, is really wonderful. Thanks MP! I can't remember the quote I read on here -- something along the lines of "the joy is in the learning" (?). That is definitely bearing fruit after these years with MP cores.

Leave a comment:

• tanya
    replied
    Yes! (What is this 10 word minimum? "Yes" says it all!)

Leave a comment:

• KF2000
    replied
    We got our results today!
    DD senior (3/4 prose) - 37/40 - gold medal
    DS sophomore (3/4 prize) - 38/40 - gold medal
    DD 8th grade - level one - 38/40 - gold medal
    DD 6th grade - Intro - 35/40 - certificate and ribbon

whoop whoop! Happy dances in our house today!
    Feeling good about the fact they have all passed me in their knowledge of Latin! LOL

AMDG,
    Sarah

Leave a comment:

• CherryBlossomMJ
    replied
    Yes, thanks

Leave a comment:

• pickandgrin
    replied
    During the Second Form year is the earliest to begin and they need to study up a on a few extra things in the MP Intro guide. You register in January and test in March.
    That help?

Leave a comment:

• CherryBlossomMJ
    replied
    When is the appropriate time to sit for the test? My daughter is 9.5 and half way through Latina Christiana 1. My next daughter is 7.5 and 5 lessons into Prima Latina.

Leave a comment:

• Mom2mthj
    replied
    It wasn’t the National Mythology Exam (this one is more a high school level exam), but it seems that some of these tests are rather small and run by just a few people. The NLE seems like a bigger operation and gets the results out more quickly.

Leave a comment:

• VAmom
    replied
    Dorinda,

I’m glad you said you were still waiting for the National Mythology Exam. Since this was our first taking them, I was starting to wonder about them.

Leave a comment:

• Mom2mthj
    replied
    NLE is so nice and prompt. My kids took the Medusa Mythology exam this fall (November) and the results came today. They had some issues so that should be better next year. As usual, we are still waiting on National Greek Exam results.

Leave a comment:

• Mom2mthj
    replied
    We got our results in the mail already, but still waiting on results from my daughter’s class. Alas, they took it online this year so I didn’t have any answer sheet to copy. Looks like the test is posted as well.

Leave a comment:

• pickandgrin
    started a topic 2019 NLE Key has been posted!

2019 NLE Key has been posted!

https://www.nle.org/News-Announcemen...al-Latin-Exams

My daughter just found this on their site. If you kept your test page and marked your answers on it you can go ahead and check your work!
Working...
X