King Arthur Audio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

King Arthur Audio?

Has anyone found King Arthur on audio? I'm finding once the kids get into these longer books, it is difficult to teach them without reading them myself. However, I simply don't have time! Would like to "read" it while washing dishes or doing laundry I looked on libravox and audible and do not see it.
    Last edited by Nikkirxd; 04-08-2019, 11:29 AM.
    2019/2020 - 3rd year homeschooling and with MP
    DS - 6th
    DS - 5th

I remember looking high and low for the King Arthur audio by Green and had no luck. That and Robin Hood were two that I had to read myself. Others may have different experiences but that we found that version of King Arthur to be very challenging (for adults and kids). We stuck with it so that it would match our student guides but rejoiced when it was over. I have seen audio for the Pyle version but I am unsure if it matches the student guide. We may go through that version just to enjoy the story. I hear it is much better.
    Callista
    Long time homeschooler with MP

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation that I wasn't missing something. I did find an old, used cassette audio on amazon, but it would have cost $55 and I don't think I even have a cassette player anymore! Also, we are just starting the book, so thanks for the heads up. The only other book we ditched so far with MP was Blue Fairy Book in 3rd grade. Wow. The words in that were a bit too difficult for the age level. We did a few of the stories just to get the idea, but chose something else instead for the rest of the year. Since we are at the end of this year with King Arthur, I doubt we will trudge through all the way to the end of the book. We will probably continue with the guide and quizzes until we are done with the rest of our classes in May, then just read the rest of the book without evaluation. We are all fried by then. My priest asked us why we choose to take a summer break instead of going all year, and I said that the break is for Mom, not the kids
      DS - 6th
      DS - 5th

Comment

For what it is worth- my kids loved this King Arthur and even my dyslexic enjoyed it. We also loved the religious images and references in it. I love seeing King Arthur portrayed as a (mostly) holy man who tries (usually) to honor our Lord. When my son later read Sir Gwain by Tolkien in high school it was super easy because the story matched so closely to this King Arthur.
        Debbie- mom of 7, civil engineering grad, married to mechanical engineer
        DD, 25, BFA '17 graphic design and illustration
        DS, 23, BS '18 mechanical engineering
        DS, 21, chemistry major
        DS, 18, Physics major
        DD, 15, dyslexic, 10th grade customizednMP plus co-op
        DS, 12, super squirmy, possible dysgraphia, MP 7A
        DD, 6 , K- finally one who seems to like drawing and writing- first one since my oldest!

Comment

Originally posted by Nikkirxd View Post
          Since we are at the end of this year with King Arthur, I doubt we will trudge through all the way to the end of the book. We will probably continue with the guide and quizzes until we are done with the rest of our classes in May, then just read the rest of the book without evaluation. We are all fried by then. My priest asked us why we choose to take a summer break instead of going all year, and I said that the break is for Mom, not the kids
          Cheers to that!
          Callista

Comment

Originally posted by momgineer View Post
            When my son later read Sir Gwain by Tolkien in high school it was super easy because the story matched so closely to this King Arthur.
            This is very encouraging to hear!!

Callista

Comment

Thanks, momgineer This kid is my complainer and somewhat lazy kid. He says that the book is "good," but is complaining that the chapters are soooo long to read. I am telling him that he is getting older, and that books get longer and tougher, so this one is preparing him for upcoming challenges. It's not that he can't do it, he's just a slow-paced reader, exactly like his dad!
              DS - 6th
              DS - 5th

Comment

Working...
              X