No announcement yet.

OT/Cross-post: Adult Ed, Brittanica's Great Books of the Western World

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m currently working my way through Hillsdale’s free online courses for my adult education. Now I’m going to have to look into this reading plan. I really wish there were more hours in the day! I want to do it all....but I can’t because I have all these little people who expect to be fed and educated
    ~Sarah~

2018-2019
    Ds 7th grade MP
    Dd 2nd grade MP
    Dd 1st grade MP
    DD 6th PS (previously homeschooled)
    Dd 9th PS

Comment

Originally posted by Emilylovesbooks View Post
      Two years ago I read the beginning volume, The Great Conversation, and was convinced that I should begin the ten-year reading plan. I even wrote down the list for Year 1! Our library has the set, and they have been rarely used, so I have easy access to the whole set. I never did start. You have motivated me to take a stab at beginning again!
      I never thought to check the library website...what was I thinking??? I just checked and they have the entire set available for checkout...sort of a try it before you buy it :-). The set I liked on eBay didn’t take my offer, maybe I will be willing to raise it once I check it out in person. Thanks for the reminder to check the library.
      Dorinda

DD 15 - 10th with MPOA(Biology, Novel, Material Logic/Rhetoric ), Lukeion (Greek3, Latin 3)
      DS 13 - 8A with MPOA(Third Form and composition)
      DS 10 - 5M
      DS 5 - K with AAR3

Comment

Awesome, Emily! And great idea on try-before-buy, Dorinda. That's exactly what I did with my used book store mismatched set. Reading the address to the reader in volume 1 is very inspiring. It's only about 80 pages.
        Sarah, I love Hilldsale's courses and have watched a few but never committed to going fully through class. Good for you!
        Festina lentē,
        Jessica P

2018-2019 · 7th MP Year, 9th Homeschooling
        Interweaving home, cottage school, & MPOA
        DS · MPOA Henle 2, 9A -- DD · 7A -- DD · 4A -- DS · 1st

Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School
        www.nashvillelatinschool.com

Comment

Working...
        X