No announcement yet.

Did you purchase the art posters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My daughter is in 4 th grade and we still use the art cards and posters and probably will through her entire education , we love them! We hang a 'new' selection each week just like we did in the earlier grades. The card goes in a frame on her desk . At the end of the week we clip it clothes line style over her maps behind her desk and still do a weekly recitation of all hanging cards . We hang the poster over my desk on a framed cork board . I would prefer a glass frame but because the posters have a crease down the middle , I decided not to. I'm sure they are easier to ship folded but I personally would have paid the extra cost to not have the crease .. Would MP consider that ?? I actually asked my husband to put that thick dark cork on our hallway wall for the timeline ! I love the art posters there , lovely idea!

Comment

Originally posted by pickandgrin View Post
      I love your gallery, Melissa! You can also laminate the posters in menu sized pouches and that makes them much easier to hang gallery style and move. The teachers at our cottage school usually hang them in the hallways each week so everyone in K-2 gets to see everything, every week. It's brilliant! As for home, we just use the little cards in a picture frame on the school table. The ones we review go in a ziplock bag arranged by date, oldest to newest. I'm lazy.
      Do these magical menu pouches fit in a standard lamination machine? I stopped going to the Teacher Center, where I could laminate things on the big drum laminator, because they moved to a different part of town.
      Plans for 2019-20

DD1 - 24 - College Grad and rocking her own bakery business
      DD2 - 13 - 8A Louisville HLS Cottage School and MPOA
      DS3 - 11 - 4A Louisville HLS Cottage School
      DS4 - 11 - 4A Louisville HLS Cottage School
      DD5 - 7 - MP2, Louisville HLS Cottage School
      DS6 - 5 - MP K

[url]www.thekennedyadventures.com/all-about-our-memoria-press-homeschool[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by DiannaKennedy View Post

Do these magical menu pouches fit in a standard lamination machine? I stopped going to the Teacher Center, where I could laminate things on the big drum laminator, because they moved to a different part of town.
        No Its a bigger laminator. When my standard size poops out, that'll be what I get next. Sooo many possibilities with that bigger size.
        Katie

2019/20 6th year with MP
        DS 15: 10th, MPOA: HS Comp II, Economics
        DD 13: 7th, MPOA: Latin, Chreia/Maxim & Ref/Con
        DD 9: 4th using 3A
        Twin DD's 7: 1st

Comment

Dianna, If I recall it was cheaper to buy a wide laminator ($60?) and the pouches than it was to have 3 years' worth laminated all at once.
          Festina lentē,
          Jessica P

10th year HSing · 8th year MP
          @ Home, HLN, & MPOA
          10th, 8th, 5th, 2nd

Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School

Comment

Originally posted by pickandgrin View Post
            Dianna, If I recall it was cheaper to buy a wide laminator ($60?) and the pouches than it was to have 3 years' worth laminated all at once.
            So, I would need this laminator, right?
            Plans for 2019-20

DD1 - 24 - College Grad and rocking her own bakery business
            DD2 - 13 - 8A Louisville HLS Cottage School and MPOA
            DS3 - 11 - 4A Louisville HLS Cottage School
            DS4 - 11 - 4A Louisville HLS Cottage School
            DD5 - 7 - MP2, Louisville HLS Cottage School
            DS6 - 5 - MP K

[url]www.thekennedyadventures.com/all-about-our-memoria-press-homeschool[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by DiannaKennedy View Post

So, I would need this laminator, right?
              Looks like the right size! (Here I am, enabling a homeschool mother in the purchase of an additional laminator! Hangs head in shame... Do not tell Brett this was my idea.)
              Festina lentē,
              Jessica P

10th year HSing · 8th year MP
              @ Home, HLN, & MPOA
              10th, 8th, 5th, 2nd

Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School

Comment

Wow! I love that gallery! Our school room is in our finished basement. So I could put the posters on the wall going down the stairs.
                Cathy aka The Attached Mama
                2019-2020
                DS 12, 7th Grade
                DD 11, 6th Grade
                DS 5, K

Comment

I love the posters. As others have said, it's much better to see details on the larger poster. I'm low tech...I just hang the weekly print with magnets either in a corner of my classroom whiteboard. I don't leave up multiple prints week to week because its too much visual stimulation I think. So we just have the one print up each week and then swap it out.

Comment

Working...
                  X