Did you purchase the art posters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you purchase the art posters?

I am going back and forth about whether or not I should purchase the art posters when I start enrichment with my youngest. If you purchased them, did you display them in some cool way? Did you buy a frame or something? I would love some ideas on how they can be used.
    Cathy aka The Attached Mama
    2019-2020
    DS 12, 7th Grade
    DD 11, 6th Grade
    DS 5, K

I did. Just know it's a special frame size. You can't just waltz into your local craft place and pick a cute frame. I had one frame option to choose from.

Married to DH for 14 years. Living the rural life in the Colorado mountains

DS11- Simply Classical 5/6
    DD9- Simply Classical 5/6 (neurotypical, but schooling with big brother to save mom's sanity)
    DD 6- Classic Core First Grade

We've completed:
    Classic Core Jr. kindergarten, kindergarten, first grade, and second grade.
    Simply Classical levels B, C, 1, 2, 3, and 4.

Comment

I bought them, got frames at Michael’s, when they were “50%” off. I bought 3. We are now 4 years into MP so we have K-2. I display the current card + some seasonal 1 + 1 religious one! It is not a perfect system, meaning I am not fabulous about changing them!
      Christine

(2019/2020)
      DD1 8/23/09 - SC5/6
      DS2 9/1/11 - SC3,4, 5/6 combo
      DD3 2/9/13 -SC2 to start, MP1 second semester

Previous Years
      DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4’
      DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, SC2)
      DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others, MPK)

Comment

I bought them. I like having them, as it is difficult to take in the details of many of the pieces with the smaller set. I just use the Scotch clear reusable sticky dots, as they are pretty cheap. The kids have picked a couple of favorites to keep up behind their desks, I have my favorite and the reference poster hanging behind my desk, and we rotate 4-5 others at a time. We school in our multi-purpose bonus room, so we have plenty of wall space.
        Michaela
        Daughter: Age 11 MP 6A (MPOA for TFL, 6th grade math, and composition)
        Son: Age 6 1st Grade MP Traditional Spelling, Literature, Math, and Handwriting
        for 2019/2020 school year

Comment

We got the 5x7 cards vs posters for savings, but often we had such a desire to look at it larger that we looked it up on our smart TV and watched short videos with analysis on YouTube, which wasn't always available. If it's not a cost issue, I would totally do the posters and mount them on the wall with tape.

Mama to 2, Married 17 years

SY 19/20
          DD 9-3A
          DS 6-SC C

Comment

I have the small art cards andoften wish I had bought the posters.

There exist frames designed to hold children's artwork, which display one piece, but store 50 pages. If I ever go back and buy the posters, I would get two of those and rotate the 3 year cycle on 2 frames.
            Amanda - Mama to three crazy boys (7A, 6M, 2), classics major

"Non nisi te, Domine. Non nisi te" - St. Thomas Aquinas

Comment

We started with the cards, which are lovely, but when the posters came out we purchased those also. They are wonderful and it is so much easier to see the full picture. I wish that they had been available when my youngest was going through the enrichment. I laminated them so that they wouldn't rip (they are thin and are folded when received). My children have, "outgrown," them now but I still display them around the house and alternate depending on the season. They are great to look at no matter the age! They are somewhat cumbersome to store because of the size (since I have them laminated they take up more room because I can't fold them) but they are really worth it.
              Callista
              Long time homeschooler with MP

Comment

I purchased the art posters and we love them! It works especially well to have an extra copy of the art so one person can look at the poster and then one child can look at the smaller card. Then they switch and see if there's details they didn't find in the large/small version.

I bought these from Amazon, but it looks like they're not available any longer. If you can find something similar, I highly recommend these. I just change them out periodically and keep a few of the past weeks on the white board tray for us all to see.

I also use them for the 11 x 17 maps in Christian Studies and in FMOR. They have been so perfect for both of those studies.
                Mama to 5 Sweet Ones

2019-2020:
                9th grade DS: At a University-Model School this year plus Henle I at home
                7th grade DD: Mostly 7M Core and MPOA SFL
                5th grade DD: 5M
                3rd Grade DD: The one that doesn't fit nicely in a core ;) R&S 3rd Grade Math and Grammar, TS II, Prima, some MP2&3 Lit, CSII, Mammals
                2 yo DS Pudding Pie

Comment

Hmm. It stripped the link and then won't let me edit it up there.

Here's the direct link to the slide-in art frames I purchased: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
                  Mama to 5 Sweet Ones

2019-2020:
                  9th grade DS: At a University-Model School this year plus Henle I at home
                  7th grade DD: Mostly 7M Core and MPOA SFL
                  5th grade DD: 5M
                  3rd Grade DD: The one that doesn't fit nicely in a core ;) R&S 3rd Grade Math and Grammar, TS II, Prima, some MP2&3 Lit, CSII, Mammals
                  2 yo DS Pudding Pie

Comment

Originally posted by MamaHill View Post
                    Hmm. It stripped the link and then won't let me edit it up there.

Here's the direct link to the slide-in art frames I purchased: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
                    Awesome! I followed the above link, found a sideways 11x17, which led me to this one.

https://www.amazon.com/Source-Deluxe...2TR40ZBDN9R7WP
                    Christine

(2019/2020)
                    DD1 8/23/09 - SC5/6
                    DS2 9/1/11 - SC3,4, 5/6 combo
                    DD3 2/9/13 -SC2 to start, MP1 second semester

Previous Years
                    DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4’
                    DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, SC2)
                    DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others, MPK)

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8375.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	111085
                      I love the posters. It took me half the year to realize I should confiscate the hallway outside our school room. I don't think the kids were really getting as much as I wanted them to by just looking at them each week. Now, we can use it as some wiggle time and I have them point them out to me as I call the titles out. Having them constantly visible worked better than the workbook I created. I painstakingly built note booking pages for each one of these pictures with stuff to "fill in". That just didn't have the same feel because it took something that was supposed to be "observed" and turned it into a book. I think taking it back to it's natural format - viewable pictures like in an art gallery - has had a much greater impact on their appreciation and their retention. They each have their favorites and each one likes totally different styles which I find hysterical and just about par for the course.
                      Melissa

DS (MP3) - 9
                      DS (MP2) - 7/8
                      DS (K) - 6
                      DD (Adorable distraction) 2 1/2

Comment

Originally posted by MBentley View Post
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8375.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	111085
                        I love the posters. It took me half the year to realize I should confiscate the hallway outside our school room. I don't think the kids were really getting as much as I wanted them to by just looking at them each week. Now, we can use it as some wiggle time and I have them point them out to me as I call the titles out. Having them constantly visible worked better than the workbook I created. I painstakingly built note booking pages for each one of these pictures with stuff to "fill in". That just didn't have the same feel because it took something that was supposed to be "observed" and turned it into a book. I think taking it back to it's natural format - viewable pictures like in an art gallery - has had a much greater impact on their appreciation and their retention. They each have their favorites and each one likes totally different styles which I find hysterical and just about par for the course.
                        Love this idea. Now to find some open space.
                        2019/2020 - 2nd MP Year
                        S - 6, K @ home and HLN
                        D - 4, rising through minor leagues quickly
                        S - 2, the master of disasters

Comment

Great idea, Melissa! I hadn't even thought to go back through to learn the names. I am going to add that to my list for the summer.
                          Mama to 2, Married 17 years

SY 19/20
                          DD 9-3A
                          DS 6-SC C

Comment

I love your gallery, Melissa! You can also laminate the posters in menu sized pouches and that makes them much easier to hang gallery style and move. The teachers at our cottage school usually hang them in the hallways each week so everyone in K-2 gets to see everything, every week. It's brilliant! As for home, we just use the little cards in a picture frame on the school table. The ones we review go in a ziplock bag arranged by date, oldest to newest. I'm lazy.
                            Festina lentē,
                            Jessica P

10th year HSing · 8th year MP
                            @ Home, HLN, & MPOA
                            10th, 8th, 5th, 2nd

Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School

Comment

Great gallery- Melissa! Jessica- I would not describe you as lazy!

Our original idea for the art cards was to have a cumulative reveiw of the K-2 selections in 3-6. In the classrooms we would have a display of all the cards for students to see the scope of what they know. The problem is we keep our displays to a minimum in our classrooms and this would be a busy (and distracting) display! Can you imagine such a display in your homeschool classrooms? That hallway display is the perfect solution- nicely done!

Comment

Working...
                              X