OT: Prayer Request

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OT: Prayer Request

I hope this is okay to ask. We are looking for a house to rent and found one we like (and we would fit into!). Would anyone be willing to pray that the landlord looks favorably on our application and accepts us as tenants? We are coming down on crunch time and the stress of not knowing where we are going to live is starting to show in our family.

Again, if this is big no-no, please let me know. Thank you everyone, in advance.
    The Homeschool Grads:
    J- 6/96
    S- 11/98

Still Homeschooling:
    G- 4/04
    D- 5/05
    F- 7/08 (my only girl)

Future Homeschooler:
    M- 9/16

Absolutely praying for you!
    <3
    AMDG,
    Sarah
    2018-2019
    DD 18 - 12th || DS 15 - 10th || DD 13 - 8th || DD 11 - 6th || DD 9 - 4th
    DD 7 - 1st || DD 5 - mix of 1st & JrK || +DS, 2-21-16+ || DS 14 months

Comment

Joining the faithful. This is a great lesson in faith and perseverance for the kids. Let us know how it goes.
      Mama to 2, Married 17 years

SY 19/20
      DD 8-3A
      DS 5-SC C

Comment

Praying for you and your family!
        Dorinda

DD 15 - 10th with MPOA(Biology, Novel, Material Logic/Rhetoric ), Lukeion (Greek3, Latin 3)
        DS 13 - 8A with MPOA(Third Form and composition)
        DS 10 - 5M
        DS 5 - K with AAR3

Comment

Sending up love and prayers. Keep us posted.
          Plans for 2019-20
          DD #1 : 24, heading to Chase Law School NKU Fall 2019
          DD #2 : 13 8A: HLS Cottage School Louisville, MPOA
          DS #3 : 11 4A + Simply Classical 5/6; HLS Cottage School Louisville
          DS #4 : 11 4A + Simply Classical 5/6; HLS Cottage School Louisville
          DD #5: 7, MP 2 at home, HLS Cottage School Louisville
          DS #6: 5, MP K at home

[url]www.thekennedyadventures.com/all-about-our-memoria-press-homeschool[/url]

Comment

Thank you all so much! We are waiting for a response. Hopefully, we hear back tonight.
            The Homeschool Grads:
            J- 6/96
            S- 11/98

Still Homeschooling:
            G- 4/04
            D- 5/05
            F- 7/08 (my only girl)

Future Homeschooler:
            M- 9/16

Comment

Praying! I hope you hear favorable news soon.
              ~Marisa

DS: 8 years old, 3A for 2018/2019

Comment

We have a house! We sign the lease tomorrow morning. M has been saying house while folding his arms in prayer for the past couple days. Heavenly Father hears and answers even the smallest prayers.

My husband and I checked out the new church last Sunday and felt welcomed. It is smaller than we are used to with many more little ones. M will go from being one of the youngest to one of the oldest in nursery.
                The youth were smiling which is always a good sign. We were able to talk to one of the young men leaders about G and D. He didn’t blink an eye about anything we said. His response was along the lines of God loves us where we are and that is how it is at the Church, too. Bonus points!
                I didn’t have a chance to check out F’s class but all indications are she will make friends quickly.
                I am grateful for this blessing and know all will be well once the upheaval is done.
                Thank you for your prayers!
                The Homeschool Grads:
                J- 6/96
                S- 11/98

Still Homeschooling:
                G- 4/04
                D- 5/05
                F- 7/08 (my only girl)

Future Homeschooler:
                M- 9/16

Comment

So happy to hear such good news for you! Praise God! It sounds like you have a bit of a move ahead of you? How far will this take you from your current place? Continued prayers for smooth sailing throughout the move!

AMDG,
                  Sarah
                  2018-2019
                  DD 18 - 12th || DS 15 - 10th || DD 13 - 8th || DD 11 - 6th || DD 9 - 4th
                  DD 7 - 1st || DD 5 - mix of 1st & JrK || +DS, 2-21-16+ || DS 14 months

Comment

Sorry for the delay...it has been quite the week.

It isn't going to be that far distance wise-- about 30 mins to the north east side of Houston, if one uses Grand Parkway. It feels like it is far as we have lived in our current area for 11 years and know it well.
                    I'm not going to lie, I have cried over this one to the point my husband was going to see if we could back out even though we have prayed, and know this is right for our family. Honestly, I cannot logically see WHY I'm having such a hard time with this.
                    There are quite a few pros:
                    1- Husband's commute is just not tenable long term. Currently, it is over an hour each way with tolls and traffic. With the move, it will cut down to under 30 mins. and no tolls.
                    2- It is a house with the spaces we need in a good neighborhood/area at a price we can afford with good amenities (pool [a must here], parks), close to everything, etc..
                    3- Landlords seem reasonable. We've had a few we call 'chipmunks' for their outrageousness.
                    4- The Ward seems really nice and will fit my kids' needs well. HUGE plus as that is our main social scene, so to speak.

I think it is stress, really, over having to learn a whole new area of Houston that I never thought I would live in. New people, new library, etc. it is a lot of new. I never considered myself to be like this about new places. I like travel! In some ways it would be easier if we were moving to Scotland!
                    The Homeschool Grads:
                    J- 6/96
                    S- 11/98

Still Homeschooling:
                    G- 4/04
                    D- 5/05
                    F- 7/08 (my only girl)

Future Homeschooler:
                    M- 9/16

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma View Post
                      Sorry for the delay...it has been quite the week.

It isn't going to be that far distance wise-- about 30 mins to the north east side of Houston, if one uses Grand Parkway. It feels like it is far as we have lived in our current area for 11 years and know it well.
                      I'm not going to lie, I have cried over this one to the point my husband was going to see if we could back out even though we have prayed, and know this is right for our family. Honestly, I cannot logically see WHY I'm having such a hard time with this.
                      There are quite a few pros:
                      1- Husband's commute is just not tenable long term. Currently, it is over an hour each way with tolls and traffic. With the move, it will cut down to under 30 mins. and no tolls.
                      2- It is a house with the spaces we need in a good neighborhood/area at a price we can afford with good amenities (pool [a must here], parks), close to everything, etc..
                      3- Landlords seem reasonable. We've had a few we call 'chipmunks' for their outrageousness.
                      4- The Ward seems really nice and will fit my kids' needs well. HUGE plus as that is our main social scene, so to speak.

I think it is stress, really, over having to learn a whole new area of Houston that I never thought I would live in. New people, new library, etc. it is a lot of new. I never considered myself to be like this about new places. I like travel! In some ways it would be easier if we were moving to Scotland!
                      Enigma, congratulations! I totally understand. We are looking at moving in-town too after being in this neighborhood for many years. Houston is as large as some small states, so moving around here can be a big deal. :-) God bless your family!!
                      Catherine

2018-19
                      DS15, 9th
                      DS13, 6th
                      DS11, 5th
                      DD11, 5th
                      DS6, K
                      DD3
                      DS 10 mos

Homeschooling 3 with MP
                      2 using First Form series in school

Comment

Thanks, Catherine. Good luck with your move, too.
                        The Homeschool Grads:
                        J- 6/96
                        S- 11/98

Still Homeschooling:
                        G- 4/04
                        D- 5/05
                        F- 7/08 (my only girl)

Future Homeschooler:
                        M- 9/16

Comment

Working...
                        X