R&S Math2 Multiplication Keys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R&S Math2 Multiplication Keys

I am so confused by the directions in the R&S Teacher's Manual regarding the Multiplication keys. First, it says to prepare Key 1. There is no model or example, just a blank key from the black lines to photocopy. It says to recite your 2s facts from the key. Then it says to take Key #2 and prepare that, and then recite your 2s x table as well as 2s division facts. Then it says to introduce 10s and go over them. Then it says to prepare key 3. No directions or explanation or sample. Is this 10s division or 3s facts? Help.
    Mama to 2

Spring start MP1
    Summer start 5A

Completed MPK, MP1 Math & Enrichment, MP2, 3A, 4A, SC B, SC C,
    SC1 (Phonics/Math), SC2's Writing Book 1

The actual keys are in the Blacklines. Do you have those? They include a key for multiplication and division of each fact.

-Laura
    2019-2020
    DD8, MP3/SC5-6
    DD6, MP1
    DD5, MPK

Comment

I have the Blacklines. Upon a second look I found the division key. Ay-yi-yi. It was confusing because it said to review Key 2 just answers, but right below it mentions to say the 10s times tables, making it seem like they were the same.

Alas, I have finally figured it out. Thanks for the tip to look for the division key.

Key 1: 2s multiplication (multiply form)
      Key 2: 2s division (divide form)
      Key 3: 10s multiplication (multiply form)
      Key 4: 10s division (divide form)
      Key 5: 5s multiplication (multiply form)
      Key 6: 5s division
      Key 7: 1s multiplication
      Key 8: 1s division

I now have them numbered in big black numbers. I wasn't going to make all the keys, but it offers no way of knowing which facts are which if you don't, so hopefully this helps someone.
      Mama to 2

Spring start MP1
      Summer start 5A

Completed MPK, MP1 Math & Enrichment, MP2, 3A, 4A, SC B, SC C,
      SC1 (Phonics/Math), SC2's Writing Book 1

Comment

Working...
      X