New stuff 1st & 2nd...anywhere else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New stuff 1st & 2nd...anywhere else?

I noticed Traditional Spelling 1 & 2 each got a new workbook to accompany TS. (P.s. I see TS 1 workbook available for pre-order, with a sample, but TS2 workbook is available, but there is no sample!). Also, a new summer cursive workbook (really happy about this one!). Also, a grammar workbook in grade 2! The curriculum guide samples have not been updated to show us how these will be used! .

Are there any other new materials I missed?
    Christine

(2019/2020)
    DD1 8/23/09 - SC5/6
    DS2 9/1/11 - SC3,4, 5/6 combo
    DD3 2/9/13 -SC2 to start, MP1 second semester

Previous Years
    DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4’
    DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, SC2)
    DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others, MPK)

What is the best way to find the newest items from MP? I see them in the print catalog and I receive emails, but is there a way on the MP website to easily see the newly published products?
    Mama to 5 Sweet Ones

2019-2020:
    9th grade DS: At a University-Model School this year plus Henle I at home
    7th grade DD: Mostly 7M Core and MPOA SFL
    5th grade DD: 5M
    3rd Grade DD: The one that doesn't fit nicely in a core ;) R&S 3rd Grade Math and Grammar, TS II, Prima, some MP2&3 Lit, CSII, Mammals
    2 yo DS Pudding Pie

Comment

Originally posted by MamaHill View Post
      What is the best way to find the newest items from MP? I see them in the print catalog and I receive emails, but is there a way on the MP website to easily see the newly published products?
      The best ways are the two you mentioned, our email newsletter and our catalog, plus our social media. The products Christine found on the website are actually the result of mistake on our end. We had scheduled them in our curriculum manuals in preparation for their release. The books and the CMs were supposed to release together, but we started printing the CMs and shipping them too early, so everyone is understandably asking what these products are. We've added them to the website just so people can look at them, see samples, and decide if they want to use them.

Originally posted by howiecram View Post
      I noticed Traditional Spelling 1 & 2 each got a new workbook to accompany TS. (P.s. I see TS 1 workbook available for pre-order, with a sample, but TS2 workbook is available, but there is no sample!). Also, a new summer cursive workbook (really happy about this one!). Also, a grammar workbook in grade 2! The curriculum guide samples have not been updated to show us how these will be used! .
      Both supplemental spelling workbooks should be on pre-order. Thanks for catching this! As for TS 2 samples, those should be available in a week or so.

Are there any other new materials I missed?
      There shouldn't be, at least not yet

HTH!
      Last edited by Michael; 03-05-2019, 08:47 AM.
      Michael
      Memoria Press

Comment

Can you tell me which subject the grammar book is being scheduled with? I have, over the years purchased many 2nd grade digital plans, but never the full guide. I have Literature, SPELLING, Latin, Math, Enrichment. Will it be in any of those, or a new subject?

Lastly, will core skills phonics 2 still be used in 1st, or is the spelling workbook replacing that?
        Christine

(2019/2020)
        DD1 8/23/09 - SC5/6

Previous Years
        DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, SC2)

Comment

Yes, Core Skills Phonics 2 will not longer be scheduled in 1st Grade. As for scheduling, we added English Grammar Practice to the Prima Latina plans since Prima is in a way our 2nd grade grammar program.

HTH!
          Michael
          Memoria Press

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            Yes, Core Skills Phonics 2 will not longer be scheduled in 1st Grade. As for scheduling, we added English Grammar Practice to the Prima Latina plans since Prima is in a way our 2nd grade grammar program.

HTH!
            I figured that was the case for the grammar, but wanted to be sure!
            Christine

(2019/2020)
            DD1 8/23/09 - SC5/6

Previous Years
            DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, SC2)

Comment

Next question:
              If you are picking up the "consumable only" groups for 1st and 2nd, will these include the Teacher's Manuals / any applicable text books since we wouldn't have seen them in prior years?

Melissa

DS (MP3) - 9
              DS (MP2) - 7/8
              DS (K) - 6
              DD (Adorable distraction) 2 1/2

Comment

Originally posted by MBentley View Post
                Next question:
                If you are picking up the "consumable only" groups for 1st and 2nd, will these include the Teacher's Manuals / any applicable text books since we wouldn't have seen them in prior years?

My experience has been that the new student books are in the consumables, but you would need to add the teacher books. Also, since there are now changes to the curriculum guide, you may want to call and ask for updated plans. (You would need to call or e-mail and ask for them to be added to your order - these have been replaced for free in the past, if you purchased them directly from MP)
                Christine

(2019/2020)
                DD1 8/23/09 - SC5/6

Previous Years
                DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, SC2)

Comment

My experience has been that the new student books are in the consumables, but you would need to add the teacher books. Also, since there are now changes to the curriculum guide, you may want to call and ask for updated plans. (You would need to call or e-mail and ask for them to be added to your order - these have been replaced for free in the past, if you purchased them directly from MP)
                  Correct, we don't want customers to buy a consumable set only to be surprised by non-consumable products! Of course, we're happy to customize, so just call or email when you're ready to order and we can add a teacher manual or two if you need. And yes, when we make changes to a curriculum manual we will update ones previously purchased from us for free.

HTH!
                  Michael
                  Memoria Press

Comment

If Core Skills Phonics is no longer scheduled for 1st grade, is there something to replace it? I am using TS1 and the lesson plan, which does schedule Core Skills Phonics. I just looked a the TS1 Student Sample, and it looks the same as what I have. Am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by ShawnaB View Post
                      If Core Skills Phonics is no longer scheduled for 1st grade, is there something to replace it? I am using TS1 and the lesson plan, which does schedule Core Skills Phonics. I just looked a the TS1 Student Sample, and it looks the same as what I have. Am I missing something?
                      There is a new book + lesson plans to replace core skills. The curriculum guidecsamples have not been updated yet, so that is why you are not seeing the update. This is the book https://www.memoriapress.com/curricu...al-spelling-i/. There is also an answer key. https://www.memoriapress.com/curricu...al-spelling-i/

Additionally, summer cursive sheets. https://www.memoriapress.com/curricu...econd-graders/
                      Christine

(2019/2020)
                      DD1 8/23/09 - SC5/6

Previous Years
                      DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, SC2)

Comment

Ah!! Thank you! I read through this whole thread and still didn't "get" it....maybe not enough coffee year. It's still on 6:30AM here on the West Coast.

There is a supplemental phonics book for TS2 as well, it appears? I love this.
                        Last edited by ShawnaB; 03-06-2019, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Christine, thank you for the fast response and the links! All I have to add is that just as Core Skills was scheduled but supplemental, so too is the new supplemental workbook.

Shawna, yes there is also one for TS II.

HTH!
                          Michael
                          Memoria Press

Comment

Working...
                          X