Second Form Latin Final

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second Form Latin Final

How much time do you give to complete the second form Latin Final? If given in a classroom setting, is it given over multiple days or with breaks in the test? Last year, my when my son took the First Form Final the length of it seemed a daunting task to him (as time management is a skill we are working to improve). So trying to think about for the Second Form test that is 12 pages. - what is the best way to administer? What advice/ experience do you have on this? What are age appropriate expectations? Thank you

Hello.

I taught SFL one time, and I split the exam over two days - with doughnuts the second day to celebrate this great accomplishment of finishing a massive exam. I tried to treat it like a rite of passage, and the students really responded to that. I'm not sure I could get that kind of energy at home though. It's a little harder to make a test seem like a party atmosphere one on one, isn't it?

Tanya

Comment

My son took this exam last week. Poor kiddo, I didn't think to break it up over two days. I think his brain was fried by the time he got to the translation sentences at the very end and just skipped a couple of them.
      ​​​​​​
      All in all, it went very well, but I'll definitely break it up for kid #2!

Amanda
      Mama to three crazy boys - 6A, 5A, 1

"Non nisi te, Domine. Non nisi te" - St. Thomas Aquinas

Comment

I took the second form Latin pre-conference class at the teacher training a couple of years ago. The lady leading the class taught at HLS and said her class does not complete the entire final as written. It really is crazy long.
        Dorinda

For 2019-2020
        DD 16 - 11th with MPOA(AP Latin), Lukeion (Greek4 & Adv. NT Greek), Thinkwell (Economics and Chemistry), plus Pre-Calculus, American G’ment, Early Church History set, and British Lit
        DS 14 - 8th with MPOA(Fourth Form), CLRC(Intro Lit and Comp), plus Algebra, Field Biology, Classical Studies 1
        DS 11 - 6th with Right Start Level G online class
        DS 6 - 1st with Prima Latina

Comment

Working...
        X