• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blabadie
    started a topic Geography order

Geography order

Hello,

Does the material build from Geography I to Geography II or could these be done in any order?

Our family will be moving to India this summer for a temporary assignment and I thought it would be interesting for the kids to study a geography curriculum that includes Asia However I want to make sure there aren't fundamental geographic concepts only addressed in Geography I that would make it difficult to do Geography II out of order.

Thank you!

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by blabadie View Post
    Hello,

Does the material build from Geography I to Geography II or could these be done in any order?

Our family will be moving to India this summer for a temporary assignment and I thought it would be interesting for the kids to study a geography curriculum that includes Asia However I want to make sure there aren't fundamental geographic concepts only addressed in Geography I that would make it difficult to do Geography II out of order.

Thank you!
    Good morning,

You can complete these in either order. We chose to cover the Middle East, North Africa, and Europe first simply because these are the regions where the history of western civilization took place. Geography II covers the rest of the world and does not depend on any key concepts exclusive to Geography I. That being said, Geography II is slightly harder than Geography I as the former covers more countries, many of which are less familiar to many students.

HTH!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X