List of Common Words?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

List of Common Words?

I am just getting starting with MP Reading and Spelling lessons for my small, private classroom of six 1st/2nd graders, using First Start Reading Book E, Core Skills Phonics, Traditional Spelling 1, and Storytime Treasures (after we finish FSR Bk E and the the Primary Phonics Reader Set 5). I also downloaded the First Grade Reading and Spelling Lessons.

We had to make an *emergency* mid-year curriculum change as the program I started with this year (at the behest of our local charter school) was way too "Romalda Spaulding." I tried...I really did. But we got so bogged down in teaching every single spelling rule and phonics sound that we didn't have enough time in the day to actually read!

It was my instinct to use MP way back at the first of the year, and I should have followed that instinct. Anyway, moving on now! I have already started with A First Start in Reading Book E and Traditional Spelling. I did the first spelling lesson last week, and printed the teacher's guide for Lesson 1 from the website sample. My TG arrives Monday. I received my flash cards yesterday and have them all organized.

But...here is my question. Does MP have a PDF master list of all the "Common Words" presented in the First Start Reading and Traditional Spelling, for quick reference? And are all of the Common Words presented in the FSR and TS books also part of the flash cards set? A list of words found in the curriculum, and also which of those are represented on the flash cards would be so handy!

Thanks so much!
    Shawna Barr

Re: List of Common Words?

A list of all of the words studied is included in the back of the Traditional Spelling Teacher Guide with all of the correct marks and colors. I plan on using that list (it's divided out by week) to make the required spelling cards. These are different than the phonics cards that come in the set.

I haven't started using it yet, my Guide came just last week, but I asked a similar question to yours. I was looking for a quick list of words, not just common words, and that's where I was directed. You could probably quickly read through it and identify common sight words.
    Married to DH for 14 years. Living the rural life in the Colorado mountains

DS11- Simply Classical 5/6
    DD9- Simply Classical 5/6 (neurotypical, but schooling with big brother to save mom's sanity)
    DD 6- Classic Core First Grade

We've completed:
    Classic Core Jr. kindergarten, kindergarten, first grade, and second grade.
    Simply Classical levels B, C, 1, 2, 3, and 4.

Comment

Great! This is helpful. Sill waiting on my Teacher's Guide, so I probably jumped the gun in even asking. Thank you so much!

Comment

In the Teacher Guide of FSR the Table of Contents indicates which common words are introduced with each lesson. Hope this helps you!

Blessings,
        Michelle T

Comment

Thank you Michelle! I actually just discovered that is morning...exactly what I was looking for, and I'm not sure how I overlooked that initially.

Comment

Working...
          X