Just got Prima Latina in the mail...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got Prima Latina in the mail...

My oldest is 8 and halfway through our hodge podge second grade curriculum. I still discerning exact plans for next year, but I want to get us on track to do the full MP Third grade Classical Core for third grade. We just got Prima Latina in the mail. Do I need to finish PL before we would be Latina Christiana in third grade? Looking at the material and our general anticipated start date for third grade (we anticipate a cross country move in 2020 so we can't delay our start date too much) I think we could get 3/4 of the way through it.

The book looks beautiful and soothing! I love the simple layout of the complex material. Makes it all seem manageable and appealing. I'm eager to begin!
    DD1: Third grade: reading, spelling, piano, and art along with MP Mammals, Lit Guides, LC yr 1, and R&S 3 so we are ready for 4NU next year
    DD2: MP Kindergarten
    DS 1: MP Preschool package
    Me: Autoimmune Protocol athlete who loves chai tea with coconut milk, a good book, and the mountains

Re: Just got Prima Latina in the mail...

Kids just starting MP in third (or higher grades) can just begin with Latina Christiana. So, finishing Prima is not a requirement to start LC1. It makes for a smoother transition because the kids have been exposed to some concepts, but definitely not required. I would just get as far as you get in Prima and start third grade when you get there.
    Married to DH for 14 years. Living the rural life in the Colorado mountains

DS11- Simply Classical 5/6
    DD9- Simply Classical 5/6 (neurotypical, but schooling with big brother to save mom's sanity)
    DD 6- Classic Core First Grade

We've completed:
    Classic Core Jr. kindergarten, kindergarten, first grade, and second grade.
    Simply Classical levels B, C, 1, 2, 3, and 4.

Comment

Receiving new curriculum in the mail is always exciting! Prima Latina is an introductory level Latin course. As such it would be fine to start Latina Christiana without having finished Prima.

Merry Christmas!
      Michelle T

Comment

Thanks! I spend a longer while going over the stuff for tomorrow's first lesson, and I'm really looking forward to it! Glad to know we don't need to try to speed it up; I hardly think that would have endeared Latin to her!
        DD1: Third grade: reading, spelling, piano, and art along with MP Mammals, Lit Guides, LC yr 1, and R&S 3 so we are ready for 4NU next year
        DD2: MP Kindergarten
        DS 1: MP Preschool package
        Me: Autoimmune Protocol athlete who loves chai tea with coconut milk, a good book, and the mountains

Comment

Working...
        X