Lesson plans for grade 5 Lit Guides

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lesson plans for grade 5 Lit Guides

Hello, I'm working my way through grade four (regular stream) materials with my two sons, but we are ready for some grade 5 Literature, so I'll be ordering the LWW items separately to study this spring. While I feel comfortable working through the book without the lesson plans because the guides are so well laid out, I'm wondering if I should get the individual lesson plan or purchase the grade 5 teacher's manual early. Basically, I'm just wondering if I'll be missing key guidance by not getting the lesson plan or the guide.
    Thank you!
    Monica

My sense is you are going to be fine. The lesson plans just help you know how to break things up...read x # of pages, do the vocab, do the questions, etc. It’s very helpful to know how to do it in the midst of a busy year in order to keep on a particular pace, but that does not sound like what you need right now since you are just going to do the one. Also, another thing to keep in mind is if you don’t want to “borrow” one that is included in next year’s core, there is Twenty-One Balloons, which is a great book and loads of fun, too.

AMDG,
    Sarah
    2018-2019
    DD 17 - 12th || DS 15 - 10th || DD 13 - 8th || DD 11 - 6th || DD 9 - 4th
    DD 7 - 1st || DD 5 - mix of 1st & JrK || +DS, 2-21-16+ || DS 11 months (and walking!)

Comment

Thank you Sarah. I hadn't thought of exploring the other Literature selections that aren't in the grade package. I'm now thinking we may do 21 Balloons instead.
      Monica

Comment

Super! I think your boys may find it really fun!

AMDG,
        Sarah
        2018-2019
        DD 17 - 12th || DS 15 - 10th || DD 13 - 8th || DD 11 - 6th || DD 9 - 4th
        DD 7 - 1st || DD 5 - mix of 1st & JrK || +DS, 2-21-16+ || DS 11 months (and walking!)

Comment

Working...
        X