No announcement yet.

Help with new forum format?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can’t find a search bar to search for topics. Is it no longer available? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Muchfun View Post
      I can’t find a search bar to search for topics. Is it no longer available? Thanks.
      Try the drop-down on the top left. This is a screenshot from my mobile. Does yours look the same?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20181229-224554_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	108090
      Festina lentē,
      Jessica P

SY2019-2020 · 8th MP Year
      @ Home, HLN, & MPOA
      S · 10th, MPOA Henle 3
      D · 8th
      D · 5th
      S · 2nd

Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School

Comment

By the way, it's MUCH easier to attach photos for me from my mobile (Android). That's a huge plus!
        Festina lentē,
        Jessica P

SY2019-2020 · 8th MP Year
        @ Home, HLN, & MPOA
        S · 10th, MPOA Henle 3
        D · 8th
        D · 5th
        S · 2nd

Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School

Comment

Originally posted by pickandgrin View Post
          BTW, how do you say, "I am not a robot" in Latin? Machina non sum?
          Correct! Machina non sum!
          Michael
          Memoria Press

Comment

Originally posted by 2Muchfun View Post
            Originally posted by pickandgrin View Post
            Try the drop-down on the top left. This is a screenshot from my mobile. Does yours look the same?
            And if you're not on mobile, the search bar should be in the top right directly below your username.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MP Forum Search Bar (PC).PNG
Views:	1
Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	108099
            Michael
            Memoria Press

Comment

I have a question - I can't seem to change my signature. I go into My Settings, and I actually SEE my new signature there, but it doesn't show when I post. What shows is my old signature I created when I first registered on here. In order to change my signature it's telling me I have to fill in a contact for either AIM, ICQ, Skype, etc and I don't have a contact for ANY of those so it keeps giving me an error that I didn't fill it in.

Any ideas?
              New MP Mama - late to the party, starting in middle school! :cool:

DS13: MP Charter Edition: FFL, FMOG, CC Fable/Narrative, FSFrench, Poetry for Grammar Stage, Book of Insects, 7th Grade Lit studies

DD10: MP Charter Edition: Grammar School Latin, FMOR, FSFrench, Poetry for the Grammar Stage, Book of Trees, 5th Grade Lit studies

[url]www.upabovetherowantree.com[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by AboveTheRowan View Post
                I have a question - I can't seem to change my signature. I go into My Settings, and I actually SEE my new signature there, but it doesn't show when I post. What shows is my old signature I created when I first registered on here. In order to change my signature it's telling me I have to fill in a contact for either AIM, ICQ, Skype, etc and I don't have a contact for ANY of those so it keeps giving me an error that I didn't fill it in.

Any ideas?
                Good morning Nadine,

See if the following steps work for you. You certainly shouldn't have to provide any social media links. I'm hopeful that Paul can disable that feature entirely when he returns from this week's conference.

1. Click on your username in the upper-right and, in the drop-down menu that appears, click "User Settings."
                2. On the next screen, click on "Account." (It's right below the "Back to Profile" button and above the "Date of Birth" field.)
                3. Scroll about half-way down the page and click on "Edit Post Signature" under "Conversation Detail Options."
                4. Edit your signature and then click "Save."

When I followed these steps, I didn't receive any prompts about social media contacts.

HTH!
                Michael
                Memoria Press

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Good morning Nadine,

See if the following steps work for you. You certainly shouldn't have to provide any social media links. I'm hopeful that Paul can disable that feature entirely when he returns from this week's conference.

1. Click on your username in the upper-right and, in the drop-down menu that appears, click "User Settings."
                  2. On the next screen, click on "Account." (It's right below the "Back to Profile" button and above the "Date of Birth" field.)
                  3. Scroll about half-way down the page and click on "Edit Post Signature" under "Conversation Detail Options."
                  4. Edit your signature and then click "Save."

When I followed these steps, I didn't receive any prompts about social media contacts.

HTH!
                  Perfect, thank you so much! I think that did the trick.

DS13: MP Charter Edition: FFL, FMOG, CC Fable/Narrative, FSFrench, Poetry for Grammar Stage, Book of Insects, 7th Grade Lit studies

DD10: MP Charter Edition: Grammar School Latin, FMOR, FSFrench, Poetry for the Grammar Stage, Book of Trees, 5th Grade Lit studies

Comment

Am I supposed to be seeing a “not a robot” or some other verification when I post? Others have mentioned it but I’m not seeing it. Wasn’t sure if that could signal a hole somewhere that would let spammers through.
                    Jennifer
                    Blog: [url]www.seekingdelectare.com[/url]

2019-2020 Plans:

DS16
                    MP10 Lit, MP-Holt Biology, Light to the Nations II, Spanish
                    MPOA: Algebra I, High School Comp II

DS15
                    As above, plus:
                    MP Greek Tragedies; no Spanish
                    MPOA: Fourth Form Latin

DS12: 7M subbing Sea to Shining Sea for American history

DS11: Simply Classical Level 4

DD9: 3A, with First Form Latin (long story!)

DD7/8: Simply Classical Level 3

DD 4/5: Simply Classical Level C (NT using SC for two-year PreK due to January birthday)

Comment

Originally posted by jen1134 View Post
                      Am I supposed to be seeing a "not a robot" or some other verification when I post? Others have mentioned it but I'm not seeing it. Wasn't sure if that could signal a hole somewhere that would let spammers through.
                      I not 100% sure, since I don't handle the forum's security measures, though I can say spam is way down since the upgrade. I'm afraid this is another question I have to leave for Paul!
                      Michael
                      Memoria Press

Comment

Jen,
                        I use the Forum on my phone most of the time, so on the mobile one, the “(I am not a robot”) recaptcha is right below the box where you type a response. Sometimes it prompts me to tap some pictures; other times it verifies without that. But I would not be able to post without getting the “check mark” from it. So it does sound like that is a glitch for you. Not that this offers you any help other than to say, “yep, sounds like a glitch!” I’ am sure they will get it fixed (and thank goodness you ARE NOT a robot!) LOL.

AMDG,
                        Sarah

Last edited by KF2000; 12-31-2018, 01:56 PM. Reason: Trying to reword because of missing punctuation marks
                        2019-2020 - 9th Year with MP
                        DD, 18, Homeschool grad; Art major/philosophy minor
                        DS, 16
                        DD, 14
                        DD, 12
                        DD, 10
                        DD, 7.5
                        DD, 5.5
                        +DS+
                        DS, 18 months

Comment

Originally posted by jen1134 View Post
                          Am I supposed to be seeing a “not a robot” or some other verification when I post? Others have mentioned it but I’m not seeing it. Wasn’t sure if that could signal a hole somewhere that would let spammers through.

I don’t have to fill out a Captcha when I post either. Not on my phone, tablet, or laptop.

Comment

Since we are discussing forum issues, I'll just throw out there that I'm not receiving timely notifications for threads I've subscribed to and/or when my posts are quoted. For example, I just received an email this morning that DiannaKennedy quoted me back on 12/21. (Hi Dianna!)

I'm sure it's a minor kink that will be easily worked out; I wanted to post here in case anyone else might have this same issue. I often rely on notifications to keep up with threads.

ETA - I forgot to add a major positive about this new platform: I can edit posts on my phone without deleting them! On the old system, the "delete post" was automatically selected when editing and the check boxes weren't properly aligned with finger movements. That is, I would press the "edit post" box and the "delete" function, just above it, would engage. I am now so thrilled that I can sit in a doctor's office or hotel room (as we're about to do for the next four days) and post/edit to my heart's content. *dreamy sigh*
                            Last edited by Mary; 01-02-2019, 08:57 AM. Reason: Forgot to add my exciting new positive!
                            Mary

DD14 - 9th core + CLRC Ancient Greek
                            DS12 - 7th core
                            DD7 - Still finishing 1st core at her own happy pace :-)

Comment

It's added to the list, Mary! And thank you and Jessica for sharing some of the positives you've found. Hopefully when we've fixed these upgrade issues, you all will find even more positives!
                              Michael
                              Memoria Press

Comment

I will say that I love the look of the new forum! It is fun being able to put faces to names.
                                --Amanda

DD #1 - Second Grade Core
                                DD #2 - Jr. K

Comment

Working...
                                X