Sodalitas 2019 dates?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sodalitas 2019 dates?

Hello. Have the dates for Sodalitas 2019 been set yet? If so, can someone reply with the dated? Thanks in advance.

Re: Sodalitas 2019 dates?

July 8-9, 2019
    Christine

(2018-2019)
    DD1 8/23/09 - SC4
    DS2 9/1/11 - SC2
    DD3 2/9/13 - MPK

Previous Years
    DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3)
    DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK)
    DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others!)

Comment

Can you buy curriculum on site and avoid shipping fees then? How about at the Winter Conference event?

P.S., how close will y'all be getting to VA? Is SC about it?

Comment

Originally posted by enbateau View Post
        Can you buy curriculum on site and avoid shipping fees then? How about at the Winter Conference event?

Good morning,

You can certainly take curriculum with you if you order at Sodalitas! For the 2019 Winter Regional Conference, see post #7.

In years past we have attended HEAV in Virginia. I don't want to promise anything until all of our 2019 conferences are finalized, but I believe our plan is to return.

HTH!
        Last edited by Michael; 11-20-2018, 08:53 AM.
        Michael
        Memoria Press

Comment

Are you planning on going to the winter conference? I am trying to talk my husband into coming with me and bringing the baby so I can go. It's only about 5-6 hours from where I'm at in VA. Where in VA are you? I've gone to HEAV several times, but it's a completely different feel. I would much rather spend my time at a classically focused conference.
          ~Michelle

DD 10 (MP 5)
          DS 8 (MP 4)
          DS 2 - board books and causing chaos
          DD Born 6/27/18

Comment

I asked my parents if I could stay with them in SC while they watch the kids. They already said yes, so it's looking good. HEAV would have been better for me a few years ago when I hadn't narrowed down our educational philosophy. WC really appeals to me. Hoping and praying....

Comment

Originally posted by 3Blessings View Post
              Are you planning on going to the winter conference? I am trying to talk my husband into coming with me and bringing the baby so I can go. It's only about 5-6 hours from where I'm at in VA. Where in VA are you? I've gone to HEAV several times, but it's a completely different feel. I would much rather spend my time at a classically focused conference.
              I asked my parents if I could stay with them in SC while they watch the kids. They already said yes, so it's looking good. HEAV would have been better for me a few years ago when I hadn't narrowed down our educational philosophy. WC really appeals to me. Hoping and praying....
              I hope you both can come! If it helps with the decision-making/spouse-convincing, I need to amend my earlier post: I spoke with one of the reps who will be at the Winter Regional Conference and the current plan is to bring as many of our products to display as possible. You won't be able to take any books with you, but our regular convention promotion, free shipping, will apply to orders placed at the conference.
              Michael
              Memoria Press

Comment

Just wanted to confirm the dates: July 8-9, and then that would make the 10th the day you can sign up for the extra training? Thanks!
                Michaela
                Daughter: Age 10 MP 5A (MPOA for SFL) & WTM Grammar & Writing
                Son: Age 5 MP Kindergarten full core and enrichment

Comment

Originally posted by ClassicalFamily View Post
                  Just wanted to confirm the dates: July 8-9, and then that would make the 10th the day you can sign up for the extra training? Thanks!
                  Yes. They will be called the "Pre-conference Sessions" and will be linked with the MP Teacher Training registration and info. I'm sure it will be posted here as soon as registration is live. That should be soon based on the timing of years' past. I hope you can join us this summer! Do you have certain things in mind you'd like to study on Wednesday?
                  Festina lentē,
                  Jessica P

2018-2019 · 7th MP Year, 9th Homeschooling
                  Interweaving home, cottage school, & MPOA
                  DS · MPOA Henle 2, 9A -- DD · 7A -- DD · 4A -- DS · 1st

Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School
                  www.nashvillelatinschool.com

Comment

Hi! Yes, the dates are July 8-9. Pre- Conference the 10th, etc. The registration timeline is maybe a tiny bit later this year, than in previous years!
                    Last edited by howiecram; 01-18-2019, 06:36 PM.
                    Christine

(2018-2019)
                    DD1 8/23/09 - SC4
                    DS2 9/1/11 - SC2
                    DD3 2/9/13 - MPK

Previous Years
                    DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK)

Comment

Thanks for that update, howiecram !
                      Festina lentē,
                      Jessica P

Comment

My husband wants us to start looking at airplane tickets and such for me to come...from what I've gathered based on a search for "Sodalitas" in the forum, there's an informal meet and greet sort of thing the night before the conference, two days of True Conference, and then another Teaching Training Day, which is now being called "pre conference"?????? We homeschool, so how applicable would the teacher training day be?
                        DD1: elements of CC 2 to prep us for third grade in the fall!
                        DD2: Jr. K
                        DS 1: preschool bibliophile
                        Me: Coastie wife who misses Alaska, follows the Autoimmune Protocol, and prays for hope amidst the rush the life

Comment

Hi! Yes, on the Sunday evening prior to Sodalitas, we will meet, informally. After registration begins, we will send info of all the finer details. The pre-conference is for “teacher’s”, but it is helpful for homeschool teachers because you get an overview of the particular course you are taking. I hope the year before my oldest begins First Form to attend that training! I personally depart on Tuesday usually as my commute is only a few hours. There will be an informal planned get together on Tuesday night as well, for those sticking around longer though!

Christine

(2018-2019)
                          DD1 8/23/09 - SC4
                          DS2 9/1/11 - SC2
                          DD3 2/9/13 - MPK

Previous Years
                          DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK)

Comment

FP, Haha! Yes, it's called a pre-conference training day because it is the day before the CLSA teacher training begins. For homeschoolers it's actually a post-conference day. Even if there's not a specific class you need training on for Wednesday it can be a great day for personal growth with your own classical education. I've used that day for Latin, Literature study, exploring Novare Science (last year), and a whole day Classical Composition overview. If you can stay that extra day it does seem to stretch the feeling of being there out a bit. It always feels odd at the Monday opening to realize it will be done by dinner the next day. You can pack a lot into two full days, but bonus breathing room before or after is also quite nice if you can arrange for it. Some seasons of family life lend themselves to this while others do not. Any time there is time well spent!
                            Festina lentē,
                            Jessica P

Comment

Originally posted by pickandgrin View Post
                              FP, Haha! Yes, it's called a pre-conference training day because it is the day before the CLSA teacher training begins. For homeschoolers it's actually a post-conference day. Even if there's not a specific class you need training on for Wednesday it can be a great day for personal growth with your own classical education. I've used that day for Latin, Literature study, exploring Novare Science (last year), and a whole day Classical Composition overview. If you can stay that extra day it does seem to stretch the feeling of being there out a bit. It always feels odd at the Monday opening to realize it will be done by dinner the next day. You can pack a lot into two full days, but bonus breathing room before or after is also quite nice if you can arrange for it. Some seasons of family life lend themselves to this while others do not. Any time there is time well spent!
                              Thank you! That clarifies things. I think I will try to stay, since we anticipate a military move next summer that will likely preclude attending at all!
                              DD1: elements of CC 2 to prep us for third grade in the fall!
                              DD2: Jr. K
                              DS 1: preschool bibliophile
                              Me: Coastie wife who misses Alaska, follows the Autoimmune Protocol, and prays for hope amidst the rush the life

Comment

Working...
                              X