Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sodalitas 2019 dates?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Sodalitas 2019 dates?

    Hello. Have the dates for Sodalitas 2019 been set yet? If so, can someone reply with the dated? Thanks in advance.
    21/22 - 4th MP Year, Dad & Quadrivium Teacher
    S - 8, 2nd MP @ HLN & Home
    D - 6, K MP @ HLN & Home
    S - 4, Jr K MP @ Home

    #2
    Re: Sodalitas 2019 dates?

    July 8-9, 2019
    Christine

    (2022/2023)
    DD1 8/23/09 -Mix of MP 6/7
    DS2 9/1/11 - Mix of SC 7/8 and SC 9/10 (R&S 5, FFL)
    DD3 2/9/13 -SC 5/6

    Previous Years
    DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4, Mix of MP3/4, Mix MP5/6
    DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, AAR/Storytime Treasures), CLE Math, Mix of MP3/4, MP5 (literature mix of SC 7/8/MP5)
    DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others, MPK, AAR), MP1, MP2

    Comment


      #3
      Re: Sodalitas 2019 dates?

      Can you buy curriculum on site and avoid shipping fees then? How about at the Winter Conference event?

      P.S., how close will y'all be getting to VA? Is SC about it?
      Mama of 2, teacher of 3

      SY 21/22
      5A w/ SFL & CC Narrative class
      MP1

      Completed MPK, MP1 Math & Enrichment, MP2, 3A, 4A
      SC B, SC C, SC1 (Phonics/Math), SC2's Writing Book 1

      Comment


        #4
        Re: Sodalitas 2019 dates?

        Originally posted by enbateau View Post
        Can you buy curriculum on site and avoid shipping fees then? How about at the Winter Conference event?

        P.S., how close will y'all be getting to VA? Is SC about it?
        Good morning,

        You can certainly take curriculum with you if you order at Sodalitas! For the 2019 Winter Regional Conference, see post #7.

        In years past we have attended HEAV in Virginia. I don't want to promise anything until all of our 2019 conferences are finalized, but I believe our plan is to return.

        HTH!
        Last edited by Michael; 11-20-2018, 07:53 AM.

        Comment


          #5
          Re: Sodalitas 2019 dates?

          Originally posted by enbateau View Post
          Can you buy curriculum on site and avoid shipping fees then? How about at the Winter Conference event?

          P.S., how close will y'all be getting to VA? Is SC about it?
          Are you planning on going to the winter conference? I am trying to talk my husband into coming with me and bringing the baby so I can go. It's only about 5-6 hours from where I'm at in VA. Where in VA are you? I've gone to HEAV several times, but it's a completely different feel. I would much rather spend my time at a classically focused conference.
          ~Michelle

          DD 13 (MP 8 - 4FL and Ref/Con through MPOA)
          DS 11 (MP 6 w/MPOA)
          DS 5 - MP K (My first Kindergartner with MP!!!)
          DD 2 - Board Books and Chaos

          Comment


            #6
            Re: Sodalitas 2019 dates?

            I asked my parents if I could stay with them in SC while they watch the kids. They already said yes, so it's looking good. HEAV would have been better for me a few years ago when I hadn't narrowed down our educational philosophy. WC really appeals to me. Hoping and praying....
            Mama of 2, teacher of 3

            SY 21/22
            5A w/ SFL & CC Narrative class
            MP1

            Completed MPK, MP1 Math & Enrichment, MP2, 3A, 4A
            SC B, SC C, SC1 (Phonics/Math), SC2's Writing Book 1

            Comment


              #7
              Re: Sodalitas 2019 dates?

              Originally posted by 3Blessings View Post
              Are you planning on going to the winter conference? I am trying to talk my husband into coming with me and bringing the baby so I can go. It's only about 5-6 hours from where I'm at in VA. Where in VA are you? I've gone to HEAV several times, but it's a completely different feel. I would much rather spend my time at a classically focused conference.
              Originally posted by enbateau View Post
              I asked my parents if I could stay with them in SC while they watch the kids. They already said yes, so it's looking good. HEAV would have been better for me a few years ago when I hadn't narrowed down our educational philosophy. WC really appeals to me. Hoping and praying....
              I hope you both can come! If it helps with the decision-making/spouse-convincing, I need to amend my earlier post: I spoke with one of the reps who will be at the Winter Regional Conference and the current plan is to bring as many of our products to display as possible. You won't be able to take any books with you, but our regular convention promotion, free shipping, will apply to orders placed at the conference.

              Comment


                #8
                Just wanted to confirm the dates: July 8-9, and then that would make the 10th the day you can sign up for the extra training? Thanks!
                Michaela
                Daughter: Age 11 MP 6A (MPOA for TFL, 6th grade math, and composition)
                Son: Age 6 1st Grade MP Traditional Spelling, Literature, Math, and Handwriting
                for 2019/2020 school year

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by ClassicalFamily View Post
                  Just wanted to confirm the dates: July 8-9, and then that would make the 10th the day you can sign up for the extra training? Thanks!
                  Yes. They will be called the "Pre-conference Sessions" and will be linked with the MP Teacher Training registration and info. I'm sure it will be posted here as soon as registration is live. That should be soon based on the timing of years' past. I hope you can join us this summer! Do you have certain things in mind you'd like to study on Wednesday?
                  Festina lentē,
                  Jessica P

                  2021-2022 • 12th year HSing • 10th year MP
                  DS 12th • HLN, Latin online, DE math/sci - Headed to Hillsdale College next fall
                  DD 10th • HLN, Latin online
                  DD 7th • HLN & Home
                  DS 4th • HLN & Home
                  Me • Memoria College, this summer: MPOA Fourth Form for Adults

                  Teaching TFL and co-directing @
                  Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School, est. 2016

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Hi! Yes, the dates are July 8-9. Pre- Conference the 10th, etc. The registration timeline is maybe a tiny bit later this year, than in previous years!
                    Last edited by howiecram; 01-18-2019, 05:36 PM.
                    Christine

                    (2022/2023)
                    DD1 8/23/09 -Mix of MP 6/7
                    DS2 9/1/11 - Mix of SC 7/8 and SC 9/10 (R&S 5, FFL)
                    DD3 2/9/13 -SC 5/6

                    Previous Years
                    DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4, Mix of MP3/4, Mix MP5/6
                    DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, AAR/Storytime Treasures), CLE Math, Mix of MP3/4, MP5 (literature mix of SC 7/8/MP5)
                    DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others, MPK, AAR), MP1, MP2

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Thanks for that update, howiecram !
                      Festina lentē,
                      Jessica P

                      2021-2022 • 12th year HSing • 10th year MP
                      DS 12th • HLN, Latin online, DE math/sci - Headed to Hillsdale College next fall
                      DD 10th • HLN, Latin online
                      DD 7th • HLN & Home
                      DS 4th • HLN & Home
                      Me • Memoria College, this summer: MPOA Fourth Form for Adults

                      Teaching TFL and co-directing @
                      Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School, est. 2016

                      Comment


                        #12
                        My husband wants us to start looking at airplane tickets and such for me to come...from what I've gathered based on a search for "Sodalitas" in the forum, there's an informal meet and greet sort of thing the night before the conference, two days of True Conference, and then another Teaching Training Day, which is now being called "pre conference"?????? We homeschool, so how applicable would the teacher training day be?
                        Emily…a hunter who prefers coffee to chocolate and dreams of the mountains

                        Beech Tree Boarding School, 2021-2022
                        DD (age 10): MP 5
                        DD (age 8): MP 2
                        DS (age 5): MP K
                        "Maybe stalking the woods is as vital to the human condition as making music or putting words to paper. Maybe hunting has as much of a claim on our civilized selves as anything else.” Steven Rinella

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Hi! Yes, on the Sunday evening prior to Sodalitas, we will meet, informally. After registration begins, we will send info of all the finer details. The pre-conference is for “teacher’s”, but it is helpful for homeschool teachers because you get an overview of the particular course you are taking. I hope the year before my oldest begins First Form to attend that training! I personally depart on Tuesday usually as my commute is only a few hours. There will be an informal planned get together on Tuesday night as well, for those sticking around longer though!

                          Christine

                          (2022/2023)
                          DD1 8/23/09 -Mix of MP 6/7
                          DS2 9/1/11 - Mix of SC 7/8 and SC 9/10 (R&S 5, FFL)
                          DD3 2/9/13 -SC 5/6

                          Previous Years
                          DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4, Mix of MP3/4, Mix MP5/6
                          DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, AAR/Storytime Treasures), CLE Math, Mix of MP3/4, MP5 (literature mix of SC 7/8/MP5)
                          DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others, MPK, AAR), MP1, MP2

                          Comment


                            #14
                            FP, Haha! Yes, it's called a pre-conference training day because it is the day before the CLSA teacher training begins. For homeschoolers it's actually a post-conference day. Even if there's not a specific class you need training on for Wednesday it can be a great day for personal growth with your own classical education. I've used that day for Latin, Literature study, exploring Novare Science (last year), and a whole day Classical Composition overview. If you can stay that extra day it does seem to stretch the feeling of being there out a bit. It always feels odd at the Monday opening to realize it will be done by dinner the next day. You can pack a lot into two full days, but bonus breathing room before or after is also quite nice if you can arrange for it. Some seasons of family life lend themselves to this while others do not. Any time there is time well spent!
                            Festina lentē,
                            Jessica P

                            2021-2022 • 12th year HSing • 10th year MP
                            DS 12th • HLN, Latin online, DE math/sci - Headed to Hillsdale College next fall
                            DD 10th • HLN, Latin online
                            DD 7th • HLN & Home
                            DS 4th • HLN & Home
                            Me • Memoria College, this summer: MPOA Fourth Form for Adults

                            Teaching TFL and co-directing @
                            Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School, est. 2016

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by pickandgrin View Post
                              FP, Haha! Yes, it's called a pre-conference training day because it is the day before the CLSA teacher training begins. For homeschoolers it's actually a post-conference day. Even if there's not a specific class you need training on for Wednesday it can be a great day for personal growth with your own classical education. I've used that day for Latin, Literature study, exploring Novare Science (last year), and a whole day Classical Composition overview. If you can stay that extra day it does seem to stretch the feeling of being there out a bit. It always feels odd at the Monday opening to realize it will be done by dinner the next day. You can pack a lot into two full days, but bonus breathing room before or after is also quite nice if you can arrange for it. Some seasons of family life lend themselves to this while others do not. Any time there is time well spent!
                              Thank you! That clarifies things. I think I will try to stay, since we anticipate a military move next summer that will likely preclude attending at all!
                              Emily…a hunter who prefers coffee to chocolate and dreams of the mountains

                              Beech Tree Boarding School, 2021-2022
                              DD (age 10): MP 5
                              DD (age 8): MP 2
                              DS (age 5): MP K
                              "Maybe stalking the woods is as vital to the human condition as making music or putting words to paper. Maybe hunting has as much of a claim on our civilized selves as anything else.” Steven Rinella

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X