Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Digital Curriculum Guide

Originally posted by KaceeM18 View Post
    What are the main differences in the individual lesson plans and the full curriculum guide for SC A? I'm trying to decide which would be best for my situation.
    Good morning,

The individual lesson plans for a subject include the teaching guidelines, daily lesson plans, and any pages from the CM's appendix that are needed for that subject. The plans would not include anything that applies to the whole grade/level, e.g., the "review boxes" in our 3rd and 4th Grade CMs.

In terms of cost, it is usually, but not always, cheaper to buy the full CM. To look at Level A specifically, we offer the following individual lesson plans:

» Simply Classical Level A Fine-Motor Lesson Plans ($8 digital)
    » ... Literature/Poetry Lesson Plans ($5 digital)
    » ... Number Lesson Plans ($5 digital)
    » ... Opening Lesson Plans ($5 digital)
    » ... Oral Language Lesson Plans ($8 digital)

It would cost $31 for all these plans, which is $1 more than the paper CM but is also the final cost as there would be no additional shipping charge. You can click here to see the full first week of Level A. After viewing this sample, you may decide that you do not need every single subject's individual plans, which would bring the cost down even further. Level A is one of the most integrated levels, but one of the beauties of homeschooling is the freedom to customize to fit the needs of one's family. I hope that the information in this post helps you find a solution for your family. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
    Michael
    Memoria Press

Comment

Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems like the individual lesson plans make the most sense if you are only using MP for individual subjects and not a comprehensive curriculum? For example, I ordered the 1st/ 2nd Traditional Spelling, Reading Plan and Recitation and then all the necessary teacher's guides specifically for Language Arts. I am using MP for Language Arts in my classroom, but other materials for math. I personally like having JUST the language arts guides in a binder, as its easier to see where I am when I don't have to search through all the other subjects.

I do own the 1st grade CM as well, which is now outdated, but still prefer the individual lesson plans for ease of use. It was less expensive to buy the individual lesson than an entirely new (updated) CM.

I also own the 1st Grade enrichment guide, which seems to stand alone...am I right?

Comment

Originally posted by ShawnaB View Post
        Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems like the individual lesson plans make the most sense if you are only using MP for individual subjects and not a comprehensive curriculum?
        Good morning,

Yes, the primary market for the individual lesson plans is those who only use a few Memoria Press subjects.

I do own the 1st grade CM as well, which is now outdated, but still prefer the individual lesson plans for ease of use. It was less expensive to buy the individual lesson than an entirely new (updated) CM.
        We can update your CM! Whenever we make significant changes to a package, i.e., changes that affect the lesson plans, we will update at no charge old CMs purchased from us.

I also own the 1st Grade enrichment guide, which seems to stand alone...am I right?
        The guide includes a weekly schedule. The individual lesson plans would provide a daily schedule. Does that make sense?
        Michael
        Memoria Press

Comment

Working...
        X