Digital Curriculum Guide

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digital Curriculum Guide

Is there any way to purchase the entire curriculum guide as a pdf like the individual lesson plans?

Re: Digital Curriculum Guide

Originally posted by KaceeM18 View Post
    Is there any way to purchase the entire curriculum guide as a pdf like the individual lesson plans?
    Good afternoon,

Unfortunately, the full Curriculum Manuals are only available in physical format in order to protect our copyright. The individual plans are our attempt to offer what we can digitally while still ensuring that a 200+ page PDF of a Curriculum Manual isn't accidentally posted online.
    Michael
    Memoria Press

Comment

Michael, thank you for the answer regarding a digital edition of the curriculum. I understand the decision to do so, though (obviously) as a paying customer and a pdf user, my preference would be otherwise.

I have a tangential question about the bindings for the curriculum guides. I have many pages falling out of my curriculum guide as the pages easily tear off the binding. Has there ever been a discussion about going with a different binding, at least as an additional option? I need these to last through at least three children! Thanks in advance.
      2019/2020 - 2nd MP Year
      S - 5, K @ home and HLN
      D - 3, rising through minor leagues quickly
      S - 2, the master of disasters

Comment

Would MP perhaps consider a spiral binding instead?
        The Homeschool Grads:
        J- 6/96
        S- 11/98

Still Homeschooling:
        G- 4/04
        D- 5/05
        F- 7/08 (my only girl)

Future Homeschooler:
        M- 9/16

Comment

Enigma, my curriculum guide is spiral bound but the pages have easily torn off of the spiral binding just by general, normal use.
          2019/2020 - 2nd MP Year
          S - 5, K @ home and HLN

Comment

Originally posted by Beorn View Post
            I have a tangential question about the bindings for the curriculum guides. I have many pages falling out of my curriculum guide as the pages easily tear off the binding. Has there ever been a discussion about going with a different binding, at least as an additional option? I need these to last through at least three children! Thanks in advance.
            Good evening,

Oh no, are the pages coming out of just one CM or all of them? What grade(s)? I ask because we have two different locations where CMs are printed and bound. We don't hear about the CMs falling apart very often, and we certainly intend for them to last longer than one year, so I'm wondering if you received a defective copy.

P.S. Whenever we make changes to a curriculum package that affect the lesson plans, we will replace your affected CMs at no charge. As we're constantly working to make our full packages even better, I'm not sure some CMs have had to last more than a year yet!
            Michael
            Memoria Press

Comment

Michael,

Thank you for the reply and I apologize about my delay in replying. We are just starting out on our MP journey and only have one CM. The pages are coming out of the Jr. Kindergarten CM. We purchased it this summer (2018). I can send a picture to you of what is happening. The pages by the spiral binding were not cut in enough and are just looseleaf in our CM. Also, since I am writing anyway, the printing/copying wasn't the best either in our CM. Toner was low and anything that is solid grayscale (blocks on left side of the page all bleed light) on every other page (odd pages). It is not a deal breaker for us, we still use the CM as designed. It is more of an annoyance than anything else with pages falling out. Hopefully this is a helpful explanation.
              2019/2020 - 2nd MP Year
              S - 5, K @ home and HLN

Comment

Originally posted by Beorn View Post
                Michael,

Thank you for the reply and I apologize about my delay in replying. We are just starting out on our MP journey and only have one CM. The pages are coming out of the Jr. Kindergarten CM. We purchased it this summer (2018). I can send a picture to you of what is happening. The pages by the spiral binding were not cut in enough and are just looseleaf in our CM. Also, since I am writing anyway, the printing/copying wasn't the best either in our CM. Toner was low and anything that is solid grayscale (blocks on left side of the page all bleed light) on every other page (odd pages). It is not a deal breaker for us, we still use the CM as designed. It is more of an annoyance than anything else with pages falling out. Hopefully this is a helpful explanation.
                I am so sorry for the inconvenience caused by that CM. The issues you describe are not typical and indicate a defective copy from our printer. Would you email me (michael@memoriapress.com) with your order information? We'd love to send a replacement.
                Last edited by Michael; 11-12-2018, 07:19 AM.
                Michael
                Memoria Press

Comment

What are the main differences in the individual lesson plans and the full curriculum guide for SC A? I'm trying to decide which would be best for my situation.

Comment

What are the main differences in the individual lesson plans and the full curriculum guide for SC A? I'm trying to decide which would be best for my situation.
                    Can you tell us more about your situation? SCA and SCC are two levels, that really require the whole core. However, it is dependent on your personal situation. Can you share more?
                    Christine

(2019/2020)
                    DD1 8/23/09 - SC5/6
                    DS2 9/1/11 - SC3,4, 5/6 combo
                    DD3 2/9/13 -SC2 to start, MP1 second semester

Previous Years
                    DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4’
                    DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, SC2)
                    DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others, MPK)

Comment

Originally posted by howiecram View Post
                      Can you tell us more about your situation? SCA and SCC are two levels, that really require the whole core. However, it is dependent on your personal situation. Can you share more?
                      It honestly comes down to money. I can get most if not all of the books as I need them from the library or our local thrift book store. I have a delayed 3yo and I want to start working with her right away. I did MP when I was in Jr High and High School and I know it's exactly what I'm looking for. I just can't afford the whole curriculum manual right now and I was hoping the individual plans would work out a little cheaper.

Comment

It honestly comes down to money. I can get most if not all of the books as I need them from the library or our local thrift book store. I have a delayed 3yo and I want to start working with her right away. I did MP when I was in Jr High and High School and I know it's exactly what I'm looking for. I just can't afford the whole curriculum manual right now and I was hoping the individual plans would work out a little cheaper.
                        The curriculum guide is $30. The individual lesson plans actually cost more, if you need more than a couple subjects. Also, in SCA, this is one level that the order of the books matters. (All other levels you can use books out of order) in SCA though, skills are developed with each book. The whole lesson uses the book. Just FYI.
                        Christine

(2019/2020)
                        DD1 8/23/09 - SC5/6

Previous Years
                        DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, SC2)

Comment

The curriculum guide is $30. The individual lesson plans actually cost more, if you need more than a couple subjects. Also, in SCA, this is one level that the order of the books matters. (All other levels you can use books out of order) in SCA though, skills are developed with each book. The whole lesson uses the book. Just FYI.
                          Oh I didn't realize they were more, I didn't add them up. We're just in a tight spot. I know the order of the books matter, I was just saying I had the option to get them free or cheap locally.

Comment

Oh I didn't realize they were more, I didn't add them up. We're just in a tight spot. I know the order of the books matter, I was just saying I had the option to get them free or cheap locally.
                            You can just buy the guide! You do not have to buy a whole package!
                            Christine

(2019/2020)
                            DD1 8/23/09 - SC5/6

Previous Years
                            DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, SC2)

Comment

You can just buy the guide! You do not have to buy a whole package!
                              I know I can buy just the guide, I can get it for $26.50 at rainbow resource. I just don't have the extra for it right now and I was going to buy the digital plans if they were less than that. I will just have to wait a few weeks to get the guide.

Comment

Working...
                              X