OT- Any UK/Scotland members?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OT- Any UK/Scotland members?

Math with silver dollars! I love it! I'll see about getting a review copy of this math program. They were really good about sending me review copies of their other curriculum back in the day.

Tanya

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
      Math with silver dollars! I love it! I'll see about getting a review copy of this math program. They were really good about sending me review copies of their other curriculum back in the day.

Tanya

... but it isn't Galore Park. It's produced by the Center for Innovation in Mathematics Teaching, funded and produced by a charitable organization (the same folks -- Gatsby Charitable Foundation -- who fund scientists doing theoretical/computational work at University College in London -- I love that the same group produces elementary math books AND supports really high-level, fancy maths). That said, there are physical books and they might happily send you review copies. They are nice people.
      Ana, mama to
      ds A, 13yo
      ds N, 8yo

Comment

Oh, I totally misunderstood. I thought the publisher was Galore Park. Sorry about that. Glad I hadn't reached out yet.

Tanya

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
          Oh, I totally misunderstood. I thought the publisher was Galore Park. Sorry about that. Glad I hadn't reached out yet.

Tanya
          Easy mistake! You, or whoever might want to look at the stuff, can just download it for free at the site I linked. There are a few different PDFs for each level (student book, answer book, lesson plans, and overhead/copymasters) as well as a PDF of reference material for each year. Takes a few minutes to wrap your head around, but is largely self-explanatory.
          Ana, mama to
          ds A, 13yo
          ds N, 8yo

Comment

I use Rainbow Resources to ship to us in Australia. It is still very expensive for us to get MP materials. I use the 3-8 week arrival option (the cheapest), and it’s usually here in 10 days or so. My father in law, now retired, but used to travel worldwide, particularly US, went to see a friend and I was going to get him to bring back MP materials or post them from US for me. But he actually couldn’t send it himself any cheaper than Rainbow Resources, and if he went over weight limit it could have been v expensive...so I just got it shipped even then (books are so heavy!). I imagine Rainbow Resources are probably quite economical for UK too.
            Sarah

Aussies from Sydney, Australia
            Miriam 9yo Latina Christiana, R&S4, IEW Phonetic Zoo, IEW Grammar
            Jonny 7yo (Special Needs) SC1 Phonics, R&S1
            Elissa (almost) 4yo K phonics, R&S Preschool books

Together this term (in Circle Time) we are doing Bible time with SC1 Story Bible and our own memorisation/songs, Myself and Others 2, Homer Price, Greek Myths, IEW Poetry Memorisation, speech therapy, The Body Book, Artventure and picture books from SCB/SC1 etc.

Thomas 17 months

Comment

Resurrecting my own thread!
              I never said thank you to GensMum for taking the time to respond with the level of detail that was just what I needed to know.
              And SarahAndrew for her thoughts on international shipping.
              Not to be forgotten are the rest of you for your prayers and insights, as well.

(Dh is hearing some pretty interesting chatter about being sent to Scotland again so I'm thinking about the details again.)
              The Homeschool Grads:
              J- 6/96
              S- 11/98

Still Homeschooling:
              G- 4/04
              D- 5/05
              F- 7/08 (my only girl)

Future Homeschooler:
              M- 9/16

Comment

Working...
              X