Latina Christians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latina Christians

We bombed last year with completing Prima Latina. Can we just start Latina Christiana and English Recitation without finishing P.L.?

Re: Latina Christians

Yepper!

Go for it!

AMDG,
    Sarah
    2020-2021
    16th Year HSing; 10th Year with MP
    DD, 19, Homeschool grad; college sophomore
    DS, 17
    DD, 15
    DD, 13
    DD, 11
    DD, 9
    DD, 7
    +DS+
    DS, 2

Comment

Originally posted by KF2000 View Post
      Yepper!

Go for it!

AMDG,
      Sarah
      Good!! I wish everything I have flubbed up was so gracious. 😂 Thank you, Sarah!!

Comment

Your welcome!

Btw...it took me three different tries to get a child through Prima! And when I did LC, I totally over-killed it. Thankfully, we still got through it and went on to First Form. From all our early attempts, it is a miracle we remained a Latin-centered family. And this was not the materials fault - totally mine :/

So a word of advice...get the LP for LC, use all the materials listed JUST AS they are listed, and don’t think you have to add, enrich, explain more or do more. It’s simple and appropriate for a first level course, and the main goal is to begin memorizing a small amount of Latin grammar.

And you have tons of time. Be diligent about doing the daily work, but if you need to move more slowly, fine. Do it. Go at a pace where you are memorizing everything thoroughly. And then move on to FFL when you are ready. But don’t put pressure on yourself with this first course. Just get through it. Latin gets better and better the longer you work at it.

AMDG,
        Sarah
        2020-2021
        16th Year HSing; 10th Year with MP
        DD, 19, Homeschool grad; college sophomore
        DS, 17
        DD, 15
        DD, 13
        DD, 11
        DD, 9
        DD, 7
        +DS+
        DS, 2

Comment

Originally posted by KF2000 View Post
          Your welcome!

Btw...it took me three different tries to get a child through Prima! And when I did LC, I totally over-killed it. Thankfully, we still got through it and went on to First Form. From all our early attempts, it is a miracle we remained a Latin-centered family. And this was not the materials fault - totally mine :/

So a word of advice...get the LP for LC, use all the materials listed JUST AS they are listed, and don’t think you have to add, enrich, explain more or do more. It’s simple and appropriate for a first level course, and the main goal is to begin memorizing a small amount of Latin grammar.

And you have tons of time. Be diligent about doing the daily work, but if you need to move more slowly, fine. Do it. Go at a pace where you are memorizing everything thoroughly. And then move on to FFL when you are ready. But don’t put pressure on yourself with this first course. Just get through it. Latin gets better and better the longer you work at it.

AMDG,
          Sarah
          Thank you SO much!!! I love words of advice!!! Noted!! 😊

Comment

Working...
          X