Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dictionaries for Literature and Classical?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tanya, is it possible to include vocabulary from the books like My Side of the Mountain that aren't included in a core in the new dictionary that you are creating?

Comment

Originally posted by Eve View Post
      Did anyone happen to create a PDF dictionary for The Moffats?
      3Blessings ????
      Have you posted this anywhere? ⬆️
      Joyfully, Courtney
      DS14, DS12, DS11, DD9

Comment

Originally posted by RunnerJoy View Post
        3Blessings ????
        Have you posted this anywhere? ⬆️
        Thank you for tagging me! I couldn't find the post looking for The Moffats. Eve Here it is! It has all of the 3M literature included including The Moffats, although the front photo doesn't show The Moffats, RunnerJoy recently added those words.
        Attached Files
        ~Michelle

DD 13 (MP 8 - 4FL and Ref/Con through MPOA)
        DS 11 (MP 6 w/MPOA)
        DS 5 - MP K (My first Kindergartner with MP!!!)
        DD 2 - Board Books and Chaos

Comment

Oh my goodness ! Thank you for clarifying this ! I already have the 3 rd grade download because we completed all of the books except The Moffats . I had no idea it was included because of the missing picture ! Thank you ladies!

Comment

The grammar school dictionary is still in the works, but it has been pushed aside for the summer. We are overwhelmed at the moment, as you can imagine.

Good idea to include the words from the books not in the cores. This has turned into a huge project! We appreciate all the ideas and support. It is so much more difficult to create than the second grade one since it needs to look more like an adult dictionary!

Tanya

Comment

Thank you Tanya! I completely understand you all being overwhelmed! Thank you for considering all of our requests! I look forward to the purchase whenever it is complete!

Comment

The Moffats Dictionary
                Attached Files

Comment

Jen,
                  Sorry I am a few days late with my thank you for the Moffats Dictionary!

Comment

Bumping this up
                    Joyfully, Courtney
                    DS14, DS12, DS11, DD9

Comment

Forgive me if I overlooked it, but is there a dictionary for the 8M core? That would include Book of the Ancient World, Book of Ancient Greece, Wind in the Willows, Treasure Island, and Tom Sawyer.
                      Mama to 5 Sweet Ones

2021-2022:
                      11th grade DS: Mix of MP materials, MPOA, and BJU
                      9th grade DD: Mostly 9M, MPOA, and French
                      7th grade DD: 7M
                      5th Grade DD: 5M
                      4.5 yo DS: Outside as much as possible beating on things with sticks; MP Jr. K and Mom made fun things

Comment

Originally posted by MamaHill View Post
                        Forgive me if I overlooked it, but is there a dictionary for the 8M core? That would include Book of the Ancient World, Book of Ancient Greece, Wind in the Willows, Treasure Island, and Tom Sawyer.
                        I need a Classical Studies 1 dictionary. I could help make that if there isn't.
                        Christina

Comment

Is anyone beginning to wonder if we should just start combining the dictionaries from 3rd - 8th? With so many of us working with modified cores, would it make more sense to start putting one book together so we can just bind it up ourselves and that way it moves with them from grade to grade. Sure, at this point we have a much bigger dictionary. Or maybe combine the Grammar years in to one...Just rambling here.

I wonder if an excel pivot table would be useful here.
                          Melissa

DS (MP4M) - 10
                          DS (MP3A) - 8
                          DS (1) - 7
                          DD (Adorable distraction) 4

Comment

Hello.

We were putting together a grammar school dictionary, but it got sidelined for other projects. Maybe I can get a teacher to finish it this summer. For 8th grade, we would recommend students to use an actual dictionary (we recommend American Heritage). By this age, they should be able to discern the correct meaning of a word based on its context in the story.

Tanya

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
                              Hello.

We were putting together a grammar school dictionary, but it got sidelined for other projects. Maybe I can get a teacher to finish it this summer. For 8th grade, we would recommend students to use an actual dictionary (we recommend American Heritage). By this age, they should be able to discern the correct meaning of a word based on its context in the story.

Tanya
                              Just checking in to see if this is still in the works? I've been skipping some vocabulary with my kids or just telling them the answers because using an actual dictionary is so time-consuming. I would love to see this get off the ground, and would definitely be willing to purchase one!
                              2020-2021 Ninth year homeschooling, second year using MP cores

DD - grade 8; also in AHG and Tae Kwon Do
                              DS - grade 4; also in Trail Life and Tae Kwon Do

Five born to Heaven, between 2009 and 2014; because of them we have a ministry called Naomi's Circle for parents walking the path of pregnancy loss

DH is a bivocational pastor

Celebrating 19 years of marriage this year!

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
                                Hello.

Tanya
                                I saw a 50th anniversary edition of the American Heritage Dictionary, 5th edition. Which year/edition are you recommending? I went down a wormhole of reading dictionary reviews for a half-hour and...wow...people have a lot to say.
                                Mama to 2

Spring start MP1
                                Summer start 5A

Completed MPK, MP1 Math & Enrichment, MP2, 3A, 4A, SC B, SC C,
                                SC1 (Phonics/Math), SC2's Writing Book 1

Comment

Working...
                                X