Traditional Spelling 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traditional Spelling 2

Are the Traditional Spelling practice sheets scheduled anywhere? I have the book, but I’m not seeing where I am supposed to use them.
    --Amanda

DD #1 - 3rd
    DD #2 - K

Re: Traditional Spelling 2

They are not located in the lesson plans but the Teacher Tips in the front of the Teacher Guide explain how and when to use them. Basically you write the words once a day in the book. We are updating these to have students write day one in pencil, day two trace the words from day one with a highlighter or colored pencil, day three, pencil, day four highlighter or colored pencil again.

Blessings,
    Michelle T

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle T View Post
      They are not located in the lesson plans but the Teacher Tips in the front of the Teacher Guide explain how and when to use them. Basically you write the words once a day in the book. We are updating these to have students write day one in pencil, day two trace the words from day one with a highlighter or colored pencil, day three, pencil, day four highlighter or colored pencil again.

Blessings,
      Michelle T
      We did something similar in in Spelling Workout in a spiral notebook. I figured I was missing the explanation somewhere. Thanks!
      --Amanda

DD #1 - 3rd
      DD #2 - K

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle T View Post
        They are not located in the lesson plans but the Teacher Tips in the front of the Teacher Guide explain how and when to use them.
        Amanda,

The Practice Sheets were a late addition during the creation of Traditional Spelling. Because of this, we forgot to mention them in the first printing of the Teacher Manuals! Instead, we just put "notebook." Here is an updated paragraph that recommends one way of using the Practice Sheets. This is the second paragraph under "Guided Student Work" on p. v of either Teacher Manual.

Finally, students should write their spelling list in the Practice Sheets or in a separate notebook. Specifically, students write the list in pencil on Day 1, then write over the list with a colored pencil or highlighter on Day 2. (Note: Use the same color for all letters in each word.) Repeat on Days 3 and 4.
        HTH!
        Michael
        Memoria Press

Comment

In a similar vein, if my child wants to write the words in cursive on the practice sheets, should I let her before the switch happens late year?

Also, I've already written up all the flashcards from the sentence strips for all of the lessons, but should I have switched over the flashcards with their red, blue and black markings to cursive?

TIA
          Mama to 2

Summer:
          MPK with SC1 Phonics & Math
          SY 20/21
          4A

Comment

Originally posted by enbateau View Post
            In a similar vein, if my child wants to write the words in cursive on the practice sheets, should I let her before the switch happens late year?

Also, I've already written up all the flashcards from the sentence strips for all of the lessons, but should I have switched over the flashcards with their red, blue and black markings to cursive?

TIA
            Good morning,

The short answer: Yes to the first question, no to your second

The long(er) answer: It is fine to began copying in cursive earlier if your child is ready. For the sentence strips, I think print is actually better as it keeps each letter, and thus the colors, distinct.

HTH!
            Michael
            Memoria Press

Comment

Yay!

Thanks.
              Mama to 2

Summer:
              MPK with SC1 Phonics & Math
              SY 20/21
              4A