Prima Latina Review Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prima Latina Review Year

I want to slow down next year and avoid moving my oldest child ahead in Latin. She has 10 more weeks of Prima (we school year round starting in January). For various reasons, I want to hold off on LC until our 2020 school year. I'm looking for advice on how to craft a "review" year for Latin. Little sister will be going through Prima for the first time in 2019, so there will be a bit of free review built in just by living in the same house. Do you think I should do any formal Latin review with my oldest (such as complete the Student Guide or Copybook again?) or just let her absorb her sister's lesson (basically audit the class). I know there are probably quite a few right answers in this situation, I'm just curious what you would do

Re: Prima Latina Review Year

Honestly I wouldn't worry about reviewing Prima. If she wanted to I would encourage her to play flashcard games with her sister, or even her quiz her sister. That would help keep the vocabulary fresh. LC doesn't assume any prior Latin exposure, so the experience with Prima is a bonus. How old is she? There are also 2 year lesson plans available for LC if you just wanted to slow it down.
    ~Michelle

DD 10 (MP 5)
    DS 8 (MP 4)
    DS 2 - board books and causing chaos
    DD Born 6/27/18

Comment

Re: Prima Latina Review Year

We do Prima for two years (1st and 2nd) and it's a fun year to be the oldest and helping the younger. I would recommend adding a song or two from Latina, like Christus Vinci for instance. They can have fun singing and is very easy. Also maybe have her really master the prayers that are harder to have time for once they hit Latina!
      Last edited by Maggie; 08-17-2018, 05:46 PM.
      -Amy

Nine babies, 6 graduated, 5 married, 16 grand babies 6 and under!
      2019-20 MP 2nd, 5A, 10th MPOA, College student. Starting 7th year using Memoria Press
      Director of Coop 412, a Classical Christian Coop using MP and based on Ephesians 4:12.

Comment

Working...
      X