School year/Student Portfolio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

School year/Student Portfolio

Do you keep a portfolio? What does it include? Do you keep your kids' work and organize it by year? I'm not required to keep any paper work by my state laws, but I'm looking for suggestions on what to keep even if it's just as a keepsake. Thank you!

MG
    ***4A and 7A cores for 2019-2020***

Re: School year/Student Portfolio

I don't keep anything. My state requires a test / evaluation at the end of the year, so once those are complete (I do bring the books to my daughter's evaluation) I get rid of them. I may wind up keeping the books used over multiple years. I'm thinking of Poetry and Timeline mainly. I think it's fun to see their progression and how their work changes. I have enough trouble storing the teacher manuals and non-consumables for the cores we're not currently using, I can't imagine storing the consumables for 4 children.

1 disclaimer, keep the CC books!! I didn't realize that they do a lesson or two from every level at the beginning of the next year and I recycled DDs Fable book. I opened the 5th grade plans and saw the first thing listed was a review of unused lessons in Fable. Whoops! I'm not sure what we're going to do instead the first couple of weeks.
    ~Michelle

DD 10 (MP 5)
    DS 8 (MP 4)
    DS 2 - board books and causing chaos
    DD Born 6/27/18

Comment

I like to keep a few things on hand to show the kids their own progress and to appease my fear of somebody asking to see proof of progress. At the end of the year, I select a page from the beginning, middle and end of the books for the core subjects. I tear them out, add a post-it note of explanation if needed, and put them in a file folder in the filing cabinet. Each kid gets a folder for each grade. I also keep a few keepsake pieces of art or notes they’ve written to me. It’s simple, takes up relatively little space or time. At some point I’ll clean them out further to the few sentimental pieces because nobody will care how well my kid can add or subtract when he’s 26 and has his own job.
      Heidi

2018-19
      dd- 3m
      ds- SC 1
      dd- SC B

Comment

I have a file folder box from Costco (plastic with capability for hanging files) for each child. I have a binder that I store tests/quizzes and papers during the year. At the end of the year I narrow that down to a two pocket folder with the prongs and put it in the box along with any certificates or memorable artwork. I recycle most student books except for CC. It was fun to recycle those this spring for my daughter when she finished! The box lasts PK-8...I saved too much early on for my daughter and went through and re-evaluated to keep it all in one box.
        Dorinda

For 2019-2020
        DD 16 - 11th with MPOA(AP Latin), Lukeion (Greek4 & Adv. NT Greek), Thinkwell (Economics and Chemistry), plus Pre-Calculus, American G’ment, Early Church History set, and British Lit
        DS 14 - 8th with MPOA(Fourth Form), CLRC(Intro Lit and Comp), plus Algebra, Field Biology, Classical Studies 1
        DS 11 - 6th with Right Start Level G online class
        DS 6 - 1st with Prima Latina

Comment

Thank you all for your suggestions! This will make my work a lot easier this year ;0)

MG
          ***4A and 7A cores for 2019-2020***

Comment

Working...
          X