Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: marker boards and pens

Originally posted by tanya View Post
    I love the Frixion pens, but did you know they fade like disappearing ink? I was using them for everything, and then I discovered that early notes in my calendar were fading away. It breaks my heart because I am a lefty, and they don't smear when I write. But now I'm afraid to use them on things I need to refer back to over time.

Tanya
    I thought I heard if you got the paper cold the color would come back. Another thought since you like the pens so well is to make a copy or a pdf scan on your phone of important pages you want to keep readable even in the heat.
    Dorinda

For 2020-2021
    DD 17-12th with MPOA(Classical Studies 3), CLRC (Latin 6, Greek 5), Thinkwell (Calculus and Chemistry), Vita Beata (Divine Comedy), American History
    DS 15-9th with Lukeion(Latin 1 and Greek 1), Vita Beata (9th Literature)
    DS 12-7th with Right Start Level H online class, Vita Beata (6th Literature)
    DS 6 - 2nd blazing our own trail with Right Start D and a mix of MP materials

Comment

Oh, a scan is a good idea! And I'll put my calendar in the freezer and see what happens!

Thank you!

Comment

This thread is a perfect example of why it’s not a good idea to jump right to the “last post” button when you have not been following a conversation closely enough.

AMDG,
        Sarah
        (Who spent the last three minutes wondering why on earth Tanya was going to put her calendar in the freezer) *hand smack to forehead*
        2020-2021
        16th Year HSing; 10th Year with MP
        DD, 19, Homeschool grad; college sophomore
        DS, 16
        DD, 14
        DD, 12
        DD, 10
        DD, 8
        DD, 6
        +DS+
        DS, 2

Comment

If you leave Frixion ink in a hot place like a hot car, the ink will fade. Sometimes putting it in the freezer brings it back a bit. A friend’s son did his math in frixion ink and spilled water on his notebook and dried it with a hair dryer. The ink disappeared. When he put it in the freezer, it came back but faintly.
          There is a notebook called Rocketbook that is set up where you can snap a pic with your phone and it saves it, I think, in a way you can edit it. The notebooks can use Frixion ink and wash clean for reuse. No need to erase- just rinse. Another version erases with the microwave. Crazy technology!
          Debbie- mom of 7, civil engineering grad, married to mechanical engineer
          DD, 25, BFA '17 graphic design and illustration
          DS, 23, BS '18 mechanical engineering
          DS, 21, chemistry major
          DS, 18, Physics major
          DD, 15, dyslexic, 10th grade customizednMP plus co-op
          DS, 12, super squirmy, possible dysgraphia, MP 7A
          DD, 6 , K- finally one who seems to like drawing and writing- first one since my oldest!

Comment

I am switching to pencil for my grade book this year since I use it to record basically everything, not just grades. Still use Frixion for everything else.
            Bean. Long time MP user. I usually post before my coffee is finished. I apologize in advance for my typos and grammatical mishaps.

DD 10th: Aerospace enthusiast. All AP & dual enrollment courses for 20-21.

Comment

Ha! Wake up, Sarah!

Tanya

Comment

Thanks, Tanya!

More cofffee...more coffee...

AMDG,
                Sarah
                2020-2021
                16th Year HSing; 10th Year with MP