Heidi Literature Guides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heidi Literature Guides

I saw online that there are two different covers for the Heidi Literature Guides. Is the content the same in both versions?

Heidi Lit Guides OLD?
    Heidi is standing with a goat on covers.

Heidi Lit Guide NEW?:
    Heidi is sitting on a hill looking away on covers.

And the novel edition must be ISBN 9780141322568? That is what Christianbook.com says. Does the cover matter for 9780141322568? I thought I saw MP selling the one with red lettering as well as the one with the blue cover at one point. Are both fine as long as it has ISBN 9780141322568?

Thanks for your help! If no one knows, I'll reach out to MP customer service.
    Last edited by thenightbeforechristmas; 07-28-2018, 04:54 PM.

Re: Heidi Literature Guides

Originally posted by thenightbeforechristmas View Post
    I saw online that there are two different covers for the Heidi Literature Guides. Is the content the same in both versions?

Heidi Lit Guide NEW?:

This is what I received with my fifth grade package last year. The novel is from Puffin Classics published by the Penguin group, and the ISBN matches what you have posted.

And the novel edition must be ISBN 9780141322568? That is what Christianbook.com says. Does the cover matter for 9780141322568? I thought I saw MP selling the one with red lettering as well as the one with the blue cover at one point. Are both fine as long as it has ISBN 9780141322568?
    I think you need to be careful when buying the books that are translations such as this one, because there may be different translators. I'm not sure if this would be the case with the same ISBN and publisher. The book I have is a 1956 translation that was reissued in 2009.
    (I found this out when using Librivox for this book. They have a dramatic reading of it that we enjoy; however, it is a different translation and some of the chapter titles and text are quite different so my daughter cannot just follow along in the book as we have done for several other books.)

HTH,
    Susan
    Susan
    6th grade, Geo II, Christian III, 6th lit and read alouds (mostly), SOTW 2, Birds, RSO Bio 2, Spanish
    9th grade, SFL, Biology, BJU US History, Alg 1, 10th grade lit, Ever Ancient 2 Art

Comment

Hello.

The edition of Heidi that matches our lit guide is the translation by Eileen Hall.

Tanya
      Last edited by Michael; 07-30-2018, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Heidi Lit Guides OLD?
        Heidi is standing with a goat on covers.

Heidi Lit Guide NEW?:
        Good morning,

Our guides show Heidi sitting on a hill and looking away into the distance. I checked CBD and found a Heidi guide whose cover shows her standing next to some goats, but this guide is published by Foundation for American Christian Education. Could this be the guide you saw?

You don't need any specific ISBN; you just need the Eileen Hall translation.

HTH!
        Michael
        Memoria Press

Comment

Thanks to Michael for fixing my erroneous post above. I'm sorry if I caused any confusion. I was posting at the Yum Center between the Cyndi Lauper and Rod Stewart performances and obviously not in a frame of mind to think clearly. I posted Heidi's author instead of translator. But this girl just wanted to have fun. Instead, I showed my True Colors.

Tanya

Comment

OK. So the Heidi book I bought two years ago that came with my Memoria Press guides was the one published by Sterling. As my older son went through the book, we noticed at times the guide was using a different translation than the book. I didn't understand that since I bought it as a set. My son managed ok, but this year my younger son will be doing Heidi and it will be likely prove to be problematic for him. Is the Puffin book a different translation than the Sterling book and does it match the guides? (This is the Sterling book: https://www.rainbowresource.com/proddtl?id=008074 )

Thanks!
            Amy

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
              Thanks to Michael for fixing my erroneous post above. I'm sorry if I caused any confusion. I was posting at the Yum Center between the Cyndi Lauper and Rod Stewart performances and obviously not in a frame of mind to think clearly. I posted Heidi's author instead of translator. But this girl just wanted to have fun. Instead, I showed my True Colors.

Tanya
              WHAT?

You went to a concert that wasn't classical music?

BTW, Fleetwood Mac is coming again in October. My Abigail said it was the best concert she's ever seen, hands down. She's planning on going again, if you need a wing girl.
              Plans for 2020-21

Year 10 of homeschooling with MP

DD1 - 25 - Small Business owner with a STOREFRONT
              DD2 - 14 - 9th grade - HLS Cottage School/MPOA - equestrian
              DS3 - 12 - 5A Cottage School - soccer
              DS4 - 12 - 5A Cottage School -soccer
              DD5 - 8 - 3A, Cottage School -equestrian and Irish dance
              DS6 - 6 - MP K - home with Momma

Comment

The Sterling translation is different from the Puffin one, so it is difficult to use with our study guide. I do remember getting some of those in several years ago by mistake, but I thought we caught it before we sent any out! I apologize if we sent you a Sterling translation. That shouldn't have happened. I wish you had called us when you realized they didn't match. We would have gladly corrected that. I would like to use Sterling because their books are pretty, but they just don't have that translation Cheryl chose.

Dianna, I'm not a big Fleetwood Mac fan, but my husband did tell me he was tempted to go just because this might be our only chance to see them. I'll probably send him alone if he chooses to go. I do that a lot. He likes many more bands than I do.

Tanya

Comment

Working...
                X