Flashcard Organization?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flashcard Organization?

How do you organize/store your flashcards for use during the year? I just got all these wonderful packages and flashcards in the mail, but I'm afraid to open the shrink wrap. Where do you put them so they don't get mixed up and lost all over the house?

Re: Flashcard Organization?

I think the below post will provide you with a bunch of answers

Originally posted by RunnerJoy View Post
    Organizing Flashcards has been the topic of many threads! I’m going to link you to a few with great ideas.
    The last one is specific to Phonics. HTH!

https://forum.memoriapress.com/showt...on-Flash-Cards

https://forum.memoriapress.com/showt...or-in-a-box-or

https://forum.memoriapress.com/showt...-Phonics-Cards
    Michael
    Memoria Press

Comment

In addition to the other threads about organization of the cards, I will add this practical tip. Once you have used the cards for the week (they should be on display all week for that visual), file themback in numerical order. This habit will make finding those cards next time they are referenced, and they will be referenced again, much easier!

Blessings,
      Michelle T.

Comment

I do a little bit different organization. The phonics cards and math flashcards are separate, but the rest, I divided up by week. Then I put them in little notecard boxes with dividers labeled with the week. I also wrote all the recitation questions for the week on a card and have that in the box as well. Mine is in a lower grade, so this may only work for lower grades. The first year I had it divided between two boxes with 15 weeks in one and the rest in the other. This year it will be three boxes. It might work for individual subjects in the older grades.
        Miah - married to Warcabbage, 3 boys, BS in social work, AS in Electrical Engineering Technology

Evulcarrot - 18, freshman in college, Medical Technology , mild autism
        Battlebroccoli - 17, lives with grandma, attends a special high school program part time
        Doomsprout - 10, highly verbal moderate autism, anxiety, motor delays, sensory processing issues - SC 4 with R&S 4

Comment

Here's my set up for my 4th grader. I used a 6qt "shoebox" container from Dollar General. Since most of the MP flashcards are smaller than index cards, I used index cards for dividers (I did have to cut them down when I stood them up vertically). I do have some alphabetized index card dividers mixed in (from an unrelated project) to separate subjects, but I turned them around so it's just a blank color tab with no letter.

Each subject has 3 sections: new, review, and future. Future is for those lessons yet to be done. New is for things learned in the new lesson for that week and often for the previous week. Review is all other cards previously studied. We usually go through the review tab once a week, either all in one go or half the stack 2 days a week. If there is a review card missed consistently, I'll move it back to the new section, which is studied 4-5 times a week.

It looks a bit messy, but we did something similar last year and it works well once you get going.
          Attached Files
          ~ Carrie
          Catholic mom to four - ages 10, 8, 5, and 3
          7th year homeschooling, 2nd year MP!
          2019-2020: 5M (LC year 2), 3M (LC year 2), and K enrichment!

Comment

These are all great recommendations so far. We have a Really Useful Box, that would hold something the size of the art cards (or other publisher History cards) and I have all subjects in different directions. It works for now, but I'm looking for better ideas as I have slowly updated to the newer MP cards from the older perforated ones. So far they are mostly the same size except for the Bible verses...
            Margaret of Georgia, in west TN – Enginerd’s wife and Mama

2019-2020 · 8th MP Year, 9th Homeschooling
            Trekking along at a student self-pace...
            DD Summer 2009 · 5th
            DD Summer 2011 · SC4
            DS Summer 2014 · JrK/K
            DD Summer 2017 · Pre
            DS …EDD 11/2019

Memoria Scholé Academy
            Blog: Creative Madness Mama
            CherryBlossomMJ

Comment

Thank you so much, everyone! There are so many great ideas here! Now I just have to choose one.

Comment

Working...
              X