Music Appreciation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Music Appreciation

I noticed the Music Appreciation book is book I. Does that mean you are planning to publish more? If so how many? I am looking ahead and trying to decide how to pace things so we continue to have music each year.

Thanks,
    Julie
    Julie S.
    3rd year using MP, but 17th year homeschooling (2018-2019)
    DD 23 -a job, DS 22 - community college, DD 20 - married
    DS 18 - 12th grade -MPOA and a mix of MP materials,
    DD 17 - 11th grade -MPOA and a mix of MP materials,
    DD 15 - 10th grade a mix of MP materials,
    DS 13 - 8M core,
    DD 10 - 5M core,
    DS 9 - 3M core while moving quickly through 1st/2nd literature/spelling now that he has glasses and can actually see well enough to read
    DD 6 - 1st grade core

Re: Music Appreciation

Hi, Julie.

Patrick Fata does plan to write more, but I'm not sure how far we will go. I will ask him and get back to you.

Tanya

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
      Hi, Julie.

Patrick Fata does plan to write more, but I'm not sure how far we will go. I will ask him and get back to you.

Tanya
      Thanks Tanya!
      Julie S.
      3rd year using MP, but 17th year homeschooling (2018-2019)
      DD 23 -a job, DS 22 - community college, DD 20 - married
      DS 18 - 12th grade -MPOA and a mix of MP materials,
      DD 17 - 11th grade -MPOA and a mix of MP materials,
      DD 15 - 10th grade a mix of MP materials,
      DS 13 - 8M core,
      DD 10 - 5M core,
      DS 9 - 3M core while moving quickly through 1st/2nd literature/spelling now that he has glasses and can actually see well enough to read
      DD 6 - 1st grade core

Comment

Originally posted by Stonefield View Post
        I noticed the Music Appreciation book is book I. Does that mean you are planning to publish more? If so how many? I am looking ahead and trying to decide how to pace things so we continue to have music each year.

Thanks,
        Julie
        What ages do you think that Music Appreciation is right for? I know it says 3rd grade up, but is it still appropriate for middle school and junior high students?
        JeJe Greer
        Mom to:
        Stella (6M in 2018-2019)
        Clara (SC3 in 2018-2019)

Comment

Jeje,

Music Appreciation is a good beginning course for older students who want some exposure to music history and theory. I went through it when we were getting ready to publish, and I found it quite challenging for me! I feel like this could be a course that your children could do as a group together if you are looking for a family activity.

Tanya

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
            Jeje,

Music Appreciation is a good beginning course for older students who want some exposure to music history and theory. I went through it when we were getting ready to publish, and I found it quite challenging for me! I feel like this could be a course that your children could do as a group together if you are looking for a family activity.

Tanya
            I think that we might do that. It looks like it is scheduled in SC 5/6, so I think we will continue with the K-2 music enrichment and finish it this year so we can do Music Appreciation next year, and then on to Exploring America's Musical Heritage, Early Sacred Music and Discovering Music. Thank you for the reply, and sorry it took me so long to get back to you.
            JeJe Greer
            Mom to:
            Stella (6M in 2018-2019)
            Clara (SC3 in 2018-2019)

Comment

I am curious to know what Mr. Fata's answer was regarding future editions of Music Appreciation.
              Joanie

Comment

Julie,

I got a summary of Patrick's plans for the Music Appreciation series. He is almost finished with a Music Theory Rudiments course which teaches how to read music, without going into more formal music theory. After that, he plans to write Music Appreciation Books 2-4 that will revisit the rest of the pieces from our K-2nd grade music. So he has lots in mind to do! He just took a break from music appreciation to do theory. My confusion with that is that Music Appreciation 1 appeared to be rudimentary theory as well as music appreciation. I've been confused so much with this that he finally drew me a chart! I don't know that I still quite understand it, but at least with the chart, I can answer basic questions.

Tanya

Comment

JeJe, she will definitely appreciate it!
                  Margaret of Georgia, in west TN – Enginerd’s wife and Mama

2019-2020 · 8th MP Year, 9th Homeschooling
                  Trekking along at a student self-pace...
                  DD Summer 2009 · 5th
                  DD Summer 2011 · SC4
                  DS Summer 2014 · JrK/K
                  DD Summer 2017 · Pre
                  DS …EDD 11/2019

Memoria Scholé Academy
                  Blog: Creative Madness Mama
                  CherryBlossomMJ

Comment

Working...
                  X