X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sodalitas Gathering - general chat thread

Wondering what to wear?
    Want to know who's coming?
    In the middle of registering and want input about which breakout(s) to attend?
    Excited and just want to dish about Sodalitas?

This is your thread! Find out who's coming, coordinate outfits, share high-humidity hair tips, whatever! Let's talk SODALITAS!
    Mary

DD14 - 9th core + CLRC Ancient Greek I & Latin IV + VideoText math
    DS12 - 7th core + Novare Earth Science + CLRC HS Latin I + VideoText math
    DD8 - SC level 2

Re: Sodalitas Gathering - general chat thread

Comfortable shoes are a must. Ain't nobody got time for sore feet. See? It made me use bad grammar. It's that important.

I usually wear a comfortable summer dress, Danskos, and keep a cardigan in my bag in case I get in a seat with a cool draft.
    Festina lentē,
    Jessica P

SY2019-2020 · 8th MP Year
    @ Home, HLN, & MPOA
    S · 10th, MPOA Henle 3
    D · 8th
    D · 5th
    S · 2nd

Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School

Comment

Originally posted by pickandgrin View Post
      Comfortable shoes are a must. Ain't nobody got time for sore feet. See? It made me use bad grammar. It's that important.
      Gasping for air over here. *Note to self: give Jessica stilettos to hear her use bad grammar*

Could not agree more about a sweater - with so many bodies, they have to keep the AC turned down, which means I'm donning and doffing a light sweater throughout the day.

Also, curly person here. I live in a fairly dry climate. KY is the one place I actually need product in order to not look like Roseanne RosannaDanna. If you're from a low-humidity place, just know that you won't need lotion here, but your hair might frizz.

Lastly, I like to bring a notebook and a couple of pens. I like scribbling notes during sessions, writing down names/descriptions of new people and making lists of "must-order" books as presenters rattle them off. <3
      Mary

DD8 - SC level 2

Comment

I usually wear a comfortable summer dress, Danskos, and keep a cardigan in my bag in case I get in a seat with a cool draft.

Excellent use of enallage, Jessica
        Mom to DS1 (11, 6th), DS2 (9, 4th), DS3 (6, 2nd), and DD (3, JrK).

Highlands Latin Phoenix Cottage School

www.highlandslatinphoenix.org

Comment

Classical composition teacher for the win!

True story: I had to ask my kids to remind me which trick that was.
          Festina lentē,
          Jessica P

@ Home, HLN, & MPOA
          S · 10th, MPOA Henle 3
          D · 8th
          D · 5th
          S · 2nd

Comment

Classical composition teacher for the win!

True story: I had to ask my kids to remind me which trick that was.

Lol! That's why we homeschool, right? To allow our kids to progress farther than we did, and so they can look out for us as our minds and bodies age...

I wouldn't have remembered just from teaching it either... but I've been making my way through Arthur Quinn's "Figures of Speech", and I find his witty narrative style of writing helps me remember the different devices better. Slowly making my way up Parnassus...
            Mom to DS1 (11, 6th), DS2 (9, 4th), DS3 (6, 2nd), and DD (3, JrK).

Highlands Latin Phoenix Cottage School

www.highlandslatinphoenix.org

Comment

Hey.

Wondering why there are only 4 people signed up for Kyle's Jane Eyre book club on Wed. Could you all just not get the book read? Don't like it? Aren't staying for Wed? If you don't have time to read but want to join, read Spark Notes and come on! You can get all the edification from discussion and then have a more informed summer read after the conference. Right now, it's looking pretty intimate!

Tanya

Comment

I would SO love to be there...but am heading home Wednesday. But for anyone on the fence about it - read it! I personally love Jane Eyre! What a great session to get to be in. I highly encourage you!

AMDG,
                Sarah
                2019-2020 - 9th Year with MP
                DD, 18, Homeschool grad; Art major/philosophy minor
                DS, 16
                DD, 14
                DD, 12
                DD, 10
                DD, 7.5
                DD, 5.5
                +DS+
                DS, 18 months

Comment

At the Sup and Shop will there be card readers or do we need to bring a check?
                  Miah - married to Warcabbage, 3 boys, BS in social work, AS in Electrical Engineering Technology

Evulcarrot - 18, freshman in college, Medical Technology , mild autism
                  Battlebroccoli - 17, lives with grandma, attends a special high school program part time
                  Doomsprout - 10, highly verbal moderate autism, anxiety, motor delays, sensory processing issues - SC 4 with R&S 4

Comment

Originally posted by Miah View Post
                    At the Sup and Shop will there be card readers or do we need to bring a check?
                    They have taken cards in the past, so I imagine they will continue to do so.
                    Joyfully, Courtney
                    DS13, DS12, DS10, DD8

Comment

I’ll be there and am looking forward to it!

I find a high-lighter useful. Some of the breakouts will have handouts and we’ve gotten a schedule of the conference in years past. I use the high-lighter to mark the sessions I’m attending so I know where to head at a glance. For the handouts and your own notes, it’s nice to mark the most important information to you.

I also bring along a reusable water bottle, but I pretty much carry that everywhere.
                      Joyfully, Courtney
                      DS13, DS12, DS10, DD8

Comment

We can take all forms of pymt. at Sup and Shop. We will be set up like a convention. How many remember the year we had to use the school's computer lab computers and nothing worked well? We have come a long way since then!

Tanya

Comment

The only reason I'm not in Mr. Janke's Jane Eyre class is because I *must* be in other sessions that day. I'm even more jealous of that group knowing that it's small! What a dream!

And yes, I remember the computer lab year. I have no complaints though because it was in that computer lab that my co-director met an HLS intern who ended up teaching for us at HLN for two years!
                          Festina lentē,
                          Jessica P

@ Home, HLN, & MPOA
                          S · 10th, MPOA Henle 3
                          D · 8th
                          D · 5th
                          S · 2nd

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
                            Hey.

Wondering why there are only 4 people signed up for Kyle's Jane Eyre book club on Wed. Could you all just not get the book read? Don't like it? Aren't staying for Wed? If you don't have time to read but want to join, read Spark Notes and come on! You can get all the edification from discussion and then have a more informed summer read after the conference. Right now, it's looking pretty intimate!
                            First, I'm still pouting about The Great Gatsby not being featured. I still have my protest t-shirt from last year! *LOL*

Second, I kind of need to go to Novare if I ever want to finish this Earth Science workbook. Please tell Mr. Janke it's not him. It's me.
                            Mary

DD8 - SC level 2

Comment

This will be my first year attending Sodalitas - I’m so excited!

Comment

Working...
                              X