Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sodalitas Gathering - general information to assist you in making plans!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sodalitas Gathering - general information to assist you in making plans!

In two weeks we'll be catching up with old friends, meeting new ones and lining up to drink from the fire hose at Sodalitas! I don't know about you, but I am getting really excited! *squeal!*

In an effort to help you plan your days (well, mostly your evenings), this thread is the place where you can see everything at-a-glance happening each evening during the Sodalitas Gathering.

First, if you haven't yet registered, you can do so here
    **You can see each of the breakout titles and descriptions on that link, as well.**

Now,once you've registered (or if you live nearby and can't commit to both days but can swing an evening or two), here's a list of activities you're welcome to attend:

SUNDAY
    We'll be hosting our unofficial Sodalitas kickoff at Mimi's restaurant! Reservations are required - click here to RSVP.

This is Dutch treat - come for dinner or just nibble on appetizers. Whatever you choose, this is a great opportunity to put names with faces while also reconnecting with old friends in a relaxed atmosphere. Starts at 6pm, goes until we're all talked out (usually not too late). Spouses and nursing babies are welcome.

Mimi's Cafe
    615 S Hurstbourne Pkwy
    Louisville, KY 40222

MONDAY
    After our first full day of plenaries and breakouts, we'll meet for Sup & Shop on the campus of Highlands Latin School! You'll be able to browse through curriculum materials at your leisure while enjoying a home cooked meal provided by the HLS kitchen staff (registration required for dinner portion). MP staff and seasoned MP users will be on hand to answer questions. Orders placed at Sup & Shop can be ready for you to take home on Tuesday OR can be shipped to your home. This is from 5 - 7pm.

TUESDAY
    Following two days of having our tanks filled with truth, beauty, goodness and wisdom, it feels a little weird to just drive off into the sunset. For anyone wishing to wind down with newfound friends, a group will be meeting at Heine Bros. Coffee. After a nice cup of tea and some conversation, those who wish to linger a little longer can move a few doors down to Impellizzeri's pizza for a farewell dinner (or a ramp-up to the Wednesday intensives!). Dutch treat, no reservations/RSVP required. Head over after final wrap-up (5-ish?)

Heine Bros. Coffee
    805 Blankenbaker Parkway
    Suite 101
    Louisville, KY 40243

Impellizzeri's Pizza
    805 Blankenbaker Parkway
    Suite 105
    Louisville, KY 40243

Wednesday
    Sticking around for an intensive on Wednesday? Live in the surrounding area and have an empty spot on your calendar for Wednesday night?
    Tracy Lee Simmons (yep, that TLC - of "Climbing Parnassus" fame) will be speaking at Highlands Latin School!
    This event is free and open to the public, so get there early to grab a good seat. No RSVP/reservation required.
    Reception: 6:00 pm
    Lecture: 6:30 pm

Highlands Latin School Gymnasium
    10901 Shelbyville Road
    Louisville, Kentucky, 40243

***We would love to see your shining face at each and every event; however, please do not feel pressured whatsoever! Knowing that people are traveling from all over and pouring their hearts and souls into this, we want to provide as much time as possible to connect and interact outside of breakouts and plenaries. You know your limits. If you feel overwhelmed and need some down time in your hotel room, don't feel badly about bowing out. If you want to spend every available moment at after hours events, you're totally welcome to do that. The choice is yours. <3 ***
    Last edited by Mary; 06-26-2018, 11:15 PM. Reason: Mellow Mushroom no longer open - now Impellizzeri's
    Mary

DD14 - 9th core + CLRC Ancient Greek I & Latin IV + VideoText math
    DS12 - 7th core + Novare Earth Science + CLRC HS Latin I + VideoText math
    DD8 - SC level 2

Re: Sodalitas Gathering - general information to assist you in making plans!

The HLS kitchen staff will be preparing home cooked meals for us during the Sodalitas Gathering and has provided a menu for your convenience to assist you in planning your visit.
    Please note that the kitchen is not equipped to handle food allergies or special dietary needs; however, if you require special foods, a limited amount of space will be available in the pantry and refrigerator to store these items. You are also welcome to bring a cooler, which can be stored in the gymnasium.

All meals will be served in the main gymnasium.

MONDAY LUNCH:
    Barbecue
    Potato salad
    Green beans
    Cole slaw
    Salad bar
    Beverage (water, soda, coffee)

MONDAY DINNER (Sup & Shop):
    Arroz con pollo (chicken & rice)
    Roasted broccoli
    Salad bar

TUESDAY LUNCH
    :
    Taco salad bar

A continental breakfast (pastries, yogurt, fruit) will be provided each morning and coffee, water, soda and pre-packaged snacks will be available all day each day.

ETA - From the kitchen: per feedback from last year's participants, pasta, bread and potatoes (with the exception of potato salad at Monday lunch) have been removed from the menu. Every effort was made to, as much as possible, remove obvious gluten and egregious high carb options from the menu while still offering a variety of appealing foods for a large group of people with a wide array of preferences and needs. While our kitchen is not a certified allergy-friendly kitchen, we do our best to serve as many people as possible and serve them well.
    Last edited by Mary; 06-28-2018, 07:36 AM. Reason: ETA note from kitchen staff
    Mary

DD8 - SC level 2

Comment

Re: Sodalitas Gathering - general information, menu, etc.

Originally posted by OrthodoxHandmaiden View Post
      MONDAY
      After our first full day of plenaries and breakouts, we'll meet for Sup & Shop on the campus of Highlands Latin School! You'll be able to browse through curriculum materials at your leisure while enjoying a home cooked meal provided by the HLS kitchen staff (registration required for dinner portion). MP staff and seasoned MP users will be on hand to answer questions. Orders placed at Sup & Shop can be ready for you to take home on Tuesday OR can be shipped to your home. This is from 5 - 7pm.
      Question on Monday's Sup & shop, how would we register for the dinner portion? Just curious, as I have not seen mention of it anywhere but here.

Comment

Re: Sodalitas Gathering - general information, menu, etc.

Originally posted by MommyJen View Post
        Question on Monday's Sup & shop, how would we register for the dinner portion? Just curious, as I have not seen mention of it anywhere but here.
        If you're registered for Sodalitas, then there's no need to register for dinner - it's included!

If you're just stopping by for the evening, you'd need to speak to an MP staff person to find out how that would work. They're all out of the office today enjoying the holiday; however, they'll be back bright and early tomorrow morning.
        Mary

DD8 - SC level 2

Comment

Working...
        X