Pre-conference Selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre-conference Selection

I would appreciate some help in choosing a pre-conference track for Sodalitas. I’ve been through the FFL and SFL classes. My eldest is entering TFL and Chreia/Maxim, but he will take those classes at cottage school. That means I am not responsible for the bulk of the teaching in those classes, hooray! I do help at home as needed and I understand that both classes ramp up quite a bit. TFL intimidates me, because I do not know Latin I wonder if I could really understand the class. Composition would be helpful, but I think I signed up for a breakout session on it. I know I attended one last year about Composition. The third choice would be Jane Eyre, simply because I think it would be enjoyable. Any thoughts/ insights are appreciated.
    Joyfully, Courtney
    DS14, DS12, DS11, DD9

Re: Pre-conference Selection

Sitting in the literature class was so fun last year. It was such a treat to have someone who really loves classic lit to teach it, and to have a lot of other ladies to discuss the book with and hear their insights.

It was like a relaxing day of a book club with all the best people.

I can't do the pre-conference this year, but that's what I would do if I could and I didn't have any pressing needs for other instruction.
    Jodi
    ~~~~~~~
    2019-20 School Year:
    Ethan (7A)
    Matthew (5A)
    Silas (1st)
    Eleanor (4yo dabbling in PK as time allows)
    Andrew (brand new as of Oct 2019)

Comment

Re: Pre-conference Selection

I'm going to agree with Jodi. If you are taking things Monday and Tuesday that focus on you bring equipped as a teacher, then Wednesday's literature class is a treat for yourself if you can swing it. I loved that session last year. Tanya had to come get us and make us go to lunch!
      Festina lentē,
      Jessica P

2021-2022 • 12th year HSing • 10th year MP
      DS 12th • AP Latin online, DE Calculus & Physics, HLN - Headed to Hillsdale College next fall
      DD 10th • HLN, Latin online
      DD 7th • HLN & Home
      DS 4th • HLN & Home
      Me • Third Form for Adults, MPOA; Memoria College

Teaching TFL and co-directing @
      Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School, est. 2016

Comment

Working...
      X