Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teddy Roosevelt bio recommendation?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Teddy Roosevelt bio recommendation?

    Anyone found a good biography of Theodore Roosevelt they can recommend? We're visiting Sagamore Hill in a few weeks and I'd like him to have some background knowledge before visiting. For a third grader but he's a strong reader.
    2 boys, 5th and 3rd grade cores
    6 and 3 year old girls in Montessori school

    #2
    Re: Teddy Roosevelt bio recommendation?

    Originally posted by musdir26 View Post
    Anyone found a good biography of Theodore Roosevelt they can recommend? We're visiting Sagamore Hill in a few weeks and I'd like him to have some background knowledge before visiting. For a third grader but he's a strong reader.
    Try this one: https://www.amazon.com/Who-Theodore-...ews/0448479451

    It’s $4 on Amazon and got good reviews. Third Grade level.
    Boy Wonder: 10, MP2/SC4 (Special Needs)
    Joy Bubble: 8, MP2 (Special Needs)
    Snuggly Cowboy: 6, MPK
    Sweet Lightness: 2, Reverse-Engineering Specialist

    “Have no fear of moving into the unknown. Simply step out fearlessly knowing that I am with you, therefore no harm can befall you; all is very, very well. Do this in complete faith and confidence.”
    ~Pope St John Paul II

    Comment


      #3
      Re: Teddy Roosevelt bio recommendation?

      Originally posted by Anita View Post
      Try this one: https://www.amazon.com/Who-Theodore-...ews/0448479451

      It’s $4 on Amazon and got good reviews. Third Grade level.
      Anita I should've just texted you.
      2 boys, 5th and 3rd grade cores
      6 and 3 year old girls in Montessori school

      Comment


        #4
        Re: Teddy Roosevelt bio recommendation?

        Originally posted by musdir26 View Post
        Anita I should've just texted you.
        HA! You’re welcome!
        Boy Wonder: 10, MP2/SC4 (Special Needs)
        Joy Bubble: 8, MP2 (Special Needs)
        Snuggly Cowboy: 6, MPK
        Sweet Lightness: 2, Reverse-Engineering Specialist

        “Have no fear of moving into the unknown. Simply step out fearlessly knowing that I am with you, therefore no harm can befall you; all is very, very well. Do this in complete faith and confidence.”
        ~Pope St John Paul II

        Comment


          #5
          Re: Teddy Roosevelt bio recommendation?

          We have “Meet Theodore Roosevelt” by Ormonde De Kay. It’s part of an old series of hardback books for this age group that my mom had in her classroom and handed down to us.. You can get it used for a few dollars. The whole series is really good and my kids really enjoy them.

          AMDG,
          Sarah
          2020-2021
          16th Year HSing; 10th Year with MP
          DD, 19, Homeschool grad; college sophomore
          DS, 16
          DD, 14
          DD, 12
          DD, 10
          DD, 8
          DD, 6
          +DS+
          DS, 2

          Comment


            #6
            Re: Teddy Roosevelt bio recommendation?

            Originally posted by KF2000 View Post
            We have “Meet Theodore Roosevelt” by Ormonde De Kay. It’s part of an old series of hardback books for this age group that my mom had in her classroom and handed down to us.. You can get it used for a few dollars. The whole series is really good and my kids really enjoy them.

            AMDG,
            Sarah
            Meet Theodore Roosevelt (Step-Up Books) https://www.amazon.com/dp/0394900650..._oF8hBb6QFAZKQ

            $6, used, on Amazon. Two other books are available on Andrew Jackson and Lewis & Clark by the author.

            So it depends on how quickly you need it. The first book (new) arrives in two days; this one (used) can take up to 10 days to arrive at your door.
            Boy Wonder: 10, MP2/SC4 (Special Needs)
            Joy Bubble: 8, MP2 (Special Needs)
            Snuggly Cowboy: 6, MPK
            Sweet Lightness: 2, Reverse-Engineering Specialist

            “Have no fear of moving into the unknown. Simply step out fearlessly knowing that I am with you, therefore no harm can befall you; all is very, very well. Do this in complete faith and confidence.”
            ~Pope St John Paul II

            Comment


              #7
              Re: Teddy Roosevelt bio recommendation?

              Thanks, Anita!
              -sk
              2020-2021
              16th Year HSing; 10th Year with MP
              DD, 19, Homeschool grad; college sophomore
              DS, 16
              DD, 14
              DD, 12
              DD, 10
              DD, 8
              DD, 6
              +DS+
              DS, 2

              Comment


                #8
                Re: Teddy Roosevelt bio recommendation?

                My son and I read this one together many years ago (he was probably 10-ish or so and also a very strong reader with great comprehension.) You can peek inside on Amazon. It may seem a bit too advanced. We LOVED (LOVED, LOVED, LOVED!) this book. All of the books in this series are beyond outstanding.

                https://www.amazon.com/Carry-Big-Sti...dore+roosevelt

                SusanP in VA

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: Teddy Roosevelt bio recommendation?

                  This was a good, longer picture book that we enjoyed about Roosevelt’s national parks initiative. It’s called “The Camping Trip that Changed America.”

                  https://m.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-c...ock/1103632939
                  Catherine

                  2020-21
                  DS17
                  DS15
                  DS13
                  DD13
                  DS8
                  DD5
                  DS 2.5

                  Homeschooling 4 with MP
                  2 in classical school

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: Teddy Roosevelt bio recommendation?

                    And a great book that you might read aloud/as a family/excerpts of would be Mornings on Horseback by David McCollough.

                    http://www.simonandschuster.com/book.../9780671447540
                    2020-21:
                    Daughter 7A
                    Daughter 5A
                    Son finishing K, beginning MP1

                    HighlandsLatin.org/Bentonville

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: Teddy Roosevelt bio recommendation?

                      Originally posted by whippoorwill View Post
                      And a great book that you might read aloud/as a family/excerpts of would be Mornings on Horseback by David McCollough.

                      http://www.simonandschuster.com/book.../9780671447540
                      We have this book but I hadn't thought to use excerpts. Great idea!
                      2 boys, 5th and 3rd grade cores
                      6 and 3 year old girls in Montessori school

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: Teddy Roosevelt bio recommendation?

                        Thank you for these leads, everyone!
                        2 boys, 5th and 3rd grade cores
                        6 and 3 year old girls in Montessori school

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X