Transitioning from Henle to the form series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transitioning from Henle to the form series

My 12yo (13 end of next month) son completed Henle units 1-5 this past year. He previously used FFL and about the first unit of SFL. He really liked Henle this last year, but we have a MP cottage school trying to get going in the fall that won't offer Henle as an option. My son really doesn't want to switch back, but I think he would enjoy studying with some other kids his age. Is it even feasible to change to third form in the fall? What would he have missed? I don't know if I can or even should try to convince him to switch, but I would appreciate any input. Thanks!
    Dorinda

For 2019-2020
    DD 16 - 11th with MPOA(AP Latin), Lukeion (Greek4 & Adv. NT Greek), Thinkwell (Economics and Chemistry), plus Pre-Calculus, American G’ment, Early Church History set, and British Lit
    DS 14 - 8th with MPOA(Fourth Form), CLRC(Intro Lit and Comp), plus Algebra, Field Biology, Classical Studies 1
    DS 11 - 6th with Right Start Level G online class
    DS 6 - 1st with Prima Latina

Re: Transitioning from Henle to the form series

Originally posted by Mom2mthj View Post
    My 12yo (13 end of next month) son completed Henle units 1-5 this past year. He previously used FFL and about the first unit of SFL. He really liked Henle this last year, but we have a MP cottage school trying to get going in the fall that won't offer Henle as an option. My son really doesn't want to switch back, but I think he would enjoy studying with some other kids his age. Is it even feasible to change to third form in the fall? What would he have missed? I don't know if I can or even should try to convince him to switch, but I would appreciate any input. Thanks!
    Good morning,

First and Second Form Latin roughly correspond to the first five units of Henle I. Your son would only need to cover the following additional lessons in Henle to be ready for Third Form Latin this fall:
    • Prepositions Ex, Ab, & De (Lesson 32) - The Forms cover more prepositions than Henle, so I would also cover the two preposition lessons in SFL.
    • Numerals (Lesson 36.1)
    • 3rd -io Conjugation (Lesson 37.1 [all] & 37.5 [present and imperfect])

I would also skim through your SFL Student Text and make sure your son is familiar with the Forms' vocabulary.

HTH!
    Michael
    Memoria Press

Comment

Working...
    X