EGR1/Intro Comp sold as set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EGR1/Intro Comp sold as set

Just hoping someone can help me understand this better. I'm still trying to figure things out for my son doing 3rd grade next year (some will be the 3A).

Can you confirm I am understanding this correctly?

Intro to Comp is not used in the 3M or 3A plans? Instead, ATFF is used? But Intro to Comp is used in 4M for part of the year and then the plans go into Fable. Yes?

But the EGR1 and Into to Comp are sold as a set on the MP site. Is this because there are some special lesson plans about doing them all together? OR is there some grade level curriculum that weaves these together?

I'm really confused. I'm interested in doing Intro to Comp along with my son's 3rd grade curriculum.

EGR 1 is fully covered in 3A (and split in half in the 3M/4M plans) but then is EGR2 ever used in any grade level curriculum? I'm not seeing it in the samples online.

Thanks for your help!

SusanP

Re: EGR1/Intro Comp sold as set

Originally posted by SPearson View Post
    Just hoping someone can help me understand this better. I'm still trying to figure things out for my son doing 3rd grade next year (some will be the 3A).

Can you confirm I am understanding this correctly?

Intro to Comp is not used in the 3M or 3A plans? Instead, ATFF is used? But Intro to Comp is used in 4M for part of the year and then the plans go into Fable. Yes?

But the EGR1 and Into to Comp are sold as a set on the MP site. Is this because there are some special lesson plans about doing them all together? OR is there some grade level curriculum that weaves these together?

I'm really confused. I'm interested in doing Intro to Comp along with my son's 3rd grade curriculum.

EGR 1 is fully covered in 3A (and split in half in the 3M/4M plans) but then is EGR2 ever used in any grade level curriculum? I'm not seeing it in the samples online.

Thanks for your help!

SusanP
    Good afternoon,

EGR 1 is covered in 3R-4R/3A, EGR 2 is covered in 5R/4A, EGR 3 in 6R/5A, and so on.

ATFF is scheduled in 3R/3A. Classical Composition begins in 4R/4A.

Introduction to Composition is not included in any of our full packages but could be substituted for ATFF in 3R/3A. (I think you can do this online. If not, just call or email and we'll make the change on our end.)

That premade Intro to Comp and EGR 1 set was simply created to make buying both sets easier.

HTH!
    Michael
    Memoria Press

Comment

Thanks Michael. I think the confusion came in for me by looking at the sample of the 4R curriculum guide. It appears that Intro to Composition is used, specifically supplemental lessons? This lead me to believe that perhaps it was woven into the lesson plans.

SusanP

Comment

Thanks Michael. I think the confusion came in for me by looking at the sample of the 4R curriculum guide. It appears that Intro to Composition is used, specifically supplemental lessons? This lead me to believe that perhaps it was woven into the lesson plans.

SusanP
        Ah! Those supplemental composition lessons are included in the CM's appendix. We added a note on Tuesday of Week 1 explaining where to find the them, but it's missing from the sample online. We'll get that fixed.

Sorry for the confusion!
        Michael
        Memoria Press

Comment

Thanks for your help!

SusanP
          Susan,

EGR2 is in 4A/5R.
          Dorinda

For 2019-2020
          DD 16 - 11th with MPOA(AP Latin), Lukeion (Greek4 & Adv. NT Greek), Thinkwell (Economics and Chemistry), plus Pre-Calculus, American G’ment, Early Church History set, and British Lit
          DS 14 - 8th with MPOA(Fourth Form), CLRC(Intro Lit and Comp), plus Algebra, Field Biology, Classical Studies 1
          DS 11 - 6th with Right Start Level G online class
          DS 6 - 1st with Prima Latina

Comment

Working...
          X