Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the Differences in the Newer vs. Older 7M Guides?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the Differences in the Newer vs. Older 7M Guides?

Hello! I have a 7M core and my curriculum guide did not have The Story of the 13 Colonies "Guerber Study Guide" scheduled at all, but was in the materials listed as required at the front of the guide. I recently got the updated 7M guide, but there are other changes as well. Now the Guerber study guide is scheduled, but there are some changes to the classical and christian schedules as well. Anyone want to chime in on what set they prefer using? What do they use at HLS? And other changes I may have missed? My older guide looks like it has a little more workload, but I could be way off the mark here. Michael and Tanya, I always appreciate your insight! Thank you in advance for your responses

Beth
    DD12-7M
    DD10-5M
    Last edited by home4good; 06-08-2018, 09:50 AM.
    Beth
    DD12 - 7M
    DD10 - 5M

"When you're good to others, you are best to yourself."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Re: What's the Differences in the Newer vs. Older 7M Guides?

Originally posted by home4good View Post
    Hello! I have a 7M core and my curriculum guide did not have The Story of the 13 Colonies "Guerber Study Guide" scheduled at all, but was in the materials listed as required at the front of the guide. I recently got the updated 7M guide, but there are other changes as well. Now the Guerber study guide is scheduled, but there are some changes to the classical and christian schedules as well. Anyone want to chime in on what set they prefer using? What do they use at HLS? And other changes I may have missed? My older guide looks like it has a little more workload, but I could be way off the mark here. Michael and Tanya, I always appreciate your insight! Thank you in advance for your responses

Beth
    DD12-7M
    DD10-5M
    Good afternoon,

Depending on how old your first guide is, any or all of these changes may be new:

-Addition of the Christian Studies IV Reader
    -Addition of Core Skills Language Arts 7
    -Addition of Story of the 13 Colonies and Great Republic guides
    -Adjustments to the scheduling of Horatius

HTH!
    Michael
    Memoria Press

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      Good afternoon,

Depending on how old your first guide is, any or all of these changes may be new:

-Addition of the Christian Studies IV Reader
      -Addition of Core Skills Language Arts 7
      -Addition of Story of the 13 Colonies and Great Republic guides
      -Adjustments to the scheduling of Horatius

HTH!
      Thank you so much Michael! That helps a ton! May I ask one more thing - If my daughter is doing first form this year with EGR 2 (we came to MP late), should she still use core skills 7? Or is there another level that coincides better with EGR 2? Before EGR she finished R&S English 5 and a little bit of 6. Thank you so much!

Beth
      Beth
      DD12 - 7M
      DD10 - 5M

"When you're good to others, you are best to yourself."
      -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by home4good View Post
        Thank you so much Michael! That helps a ton! May I ask one more thing - If my daughter is doing first form this year with EGR 2 (we came to MP late), should she still use core skills 7? Or is there another level that coincides better with EGR 2? Before EGR she finished R&S English 5 and a little bit of 6. Thank you so much!

Beth
        Of course you can ask another question! All of the CSLA books cover the same basic content and adjust the difficulty according to grade. For that reason, we recommend sticking with the CSLA book that corresponds to the student's grade.
        Michael
        Memoria Press

Comment

Working...
        X