Christian Studies IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christian Studies IV

We're wrapping up the Level 6 core and preparing to move to 6A (this is to keep DD with Chreia/Maxim rather than Ref/Con -- thanks again to all who suggested this path to us). I want to adhere as closely as possible to the core; other than math and science, we're able to do that.

I'd like to use Christian Studies IV, the accompanying reader, and memory verse flashcards. The only problem is.....we haven't completed CS I-III. At the time we encountered these in the corresponding cores we were on a roll with outside bible curriculum, and I felt that adding Christian Studies would be redundant. I regret not making the swap to CS, however, as I'm now wondering if jumping in at CS IV makes sense.

Any recommendations here? I love the review of overarching biblical themes, important figures, etc. that are in CS IV. It looks very well laid out. Has anyone started with Christian Studies IV without completing the prior levels?
    DD 12 - MP6A

Re: Christian Studies IV

Originally posted by hermione310 View Post
    We're wrapping up the Level 6 core and preparing to move to 6A (this is to keep DD with Chreia/Maxim rather than Ref/Con -- thanks again to all who suggested this path to us). I want to adhere as closely as possible to the core; other than math and science, we're able to do that.

I'd like to use Christian Studies IV, the accompanying reader, and memory verse flashcards. The only problem is.....we haven't completed CS I-III. At the time we encountered these in the corresponding cores we were on a roll with outside bible curriculum, and I felt that adding Christian Studies would be redundant. I regret not making the swap to CS, however, as I'm now wondering if jumping in at CS IV makes sense.

Any recommendations here? I love the review of overarching biblical themes, important figures, etc. that are in CS IV. It looks very well laid out. Has anyone started with Christian Studies IV without completing the prior levels?
    Hello!
    My son completed CS IV this year without having completed all the previous levels. He did CS I in 7th grade our first year using MP, but it was redundant for him because he had studied the Bible pretty thoroughly in other programs. So for 8th I bumped him up to CS IV so he could move on to the upper level Christian Studies books in high school. He enjoyed it this year and didn’t have any problems with it. If your kids are familiar with the Bible, they will probably do just fine with it.
    Catherine

2019-20
    DS16, 10th
    DS13, 7th
    DS11, 6th
    DD11, 6th
    DS7, 1st
    DD4, JrK
    DS 17 mos

Homeschooling 4 with MP
    2 in classical school

Comment

Originally posted by CatherineS View Post
      Hello!
      My son completed CS IV this year without having completed all the previous levels. He did CS I in 7th grade our first year using MP, but it was redundant for him because he had studied the Bible pretty thoroughly in other programs. So for 8th I bumped him up to CS IV so he could move on to the upper level Christian Studies books in high school. He enjoyed it this year and didn’t have any problems with it. If your kids are familiar with the Bible, they will probably do just fine with it.
      Thank you for sharing your experience, Catherine. This helps me to feel comfortable moving forward with CS IV. I'm definitely looking forward to being more in line with the curriculum guide -- that will greatly simplify planning for me.

On an unrelated note -- a friend of mine just made the move to an MP core. I'm so excited to finally be able to share the MP journey with someone nearby! A small but mighty community forms....
      DD 12 - MP6A

Comment

We also did Christian Studies I but not levels 2 and 3. We did CS I in 3rd grade. We are moving to CS IV for 7th grade. I am not concerned since we did other Bible curriculum. I think that you will be fine having done other Bible studies.
        JeJe Greer
        Mom to:
        Stella (6M in 2018-2019)
        Clara (SC3 in 2018-2019)

Comment

My 7th grader did CS IV this past year without having done I-III and it was no problem at all. It's an overview of the whole Bible.
          DS, 13, 8th grade
          DS, 10, 5th grade

Comment

Working...
          X