Recitation guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Recitation guide

This sounds like an excellent resource!! I can't wait to see it.
    MP, you all are just the best, ever.
    Mom to DS1 (11, 6th), DS2 (9, 4th), DS3 (6, 2nd), and DD (3, JrK).

Highlands Latin Phoenix Cottage School

www.highlandslatinphoenix.org

Comment

Originally posted by jen1134 View Post
      Okay...a very big "mea culpa" here since I was the first nay-sayer on this:

I was talking with Dianna and another friend yesterday and they convinced me that, despite the fact that it would be another set of cards, this really is the best way to manage the recitations. I used Dianna's FFL-TFL list with the full words to make a recitation "book" and although it works for summer review, it means that I also have to have HUGE lesson-by-lesson lists for during the year. And trying to flip through a non-repetitive list would break the flow of the recitation.

After all that, I'd rather have a few flashcards. *ducking while saying: mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa*
      You guys

In all seriousness, we did spend a while researching our options and the pros and cons of each. We spoke with the HLS teachers, who much preferred the flashcard format, so that is what we've settled on. We are currently in the editing stage and hope to release sometime this fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        You guys

In all seriousness, we did spend a while researching our options and the pros and cons of each. We spoke with the HLS teachers, who much preferred the flashcard format, so that is what we've settled on. We are currently in the editing stage and hope to release sometime this fall.
        YAY! Dianna will maybe forgive me now...
        Jennifer
        Blog: [url]www.seekingdelectare.com[/url]

DS18: Graduated and living his dream in the automotive trades
        DS17: MP, MPOA, headed to his favorite liberal arts college this fall
        DS15: MP, MPOA
        DS13: Mix of SC 5/6 & SC 7/8
        DD11: Mix of 5M and SC7/8
        DD10: SC3
        DD7: MPK

Comment

Originally posted by jen1134 View Post
          YAY! Dianna will maybe forgive me now...
          Forgiven for real, lady.
          I'm anxiously awaiting these -- and hope that they include Fourth Form. I made some for LC, sweated over the formatting, then decided that I would just print them in a table, instead of sweating over printing on index cards. Printed them on cardstock, stuck them in my homeschool binder.

Went through the LC flash cards, putting them all in order, only to realize THAT THEY ARE CONTAINED WITHIN THE LC FLASHCARDS already.

It's like the equivalent of me asking random dumb questions here on the forum, only to be gently reminded that the thing I'm looking for is in the TM or Curriculum Guide. Argh.

Maybe by the time Rachel graduates, I'll have all of this under control.
          Plans for 2022-23

Year 12 of homeschooling with MP

DD1 - 27 - college grad, bakery owner
          DD2 - 16 - 11th grade - HLS Cottage School - online classes, looking at dual credit - equestrian and theatre
          DS3 - 14 -7A Cottage School - soccer/tennis -dyslexia and dysgraphia
          DS4 -14 - 7A Cottage School -soccer/tennis -auditory processing disorder
          DD5 - 10- 5A, Cottage School - inattentive ADHD - equestrian and tumbling
          DS6 - 9 - MP 1 - home with momma

Comment

Originally posted by DiannaKennedy View Post
            I'm anxiously awaiting these -- and hope that they include Fourth Form.
            Our recitation flashcards will cover First Form through Fourth Form.

Comment

Originally posted by DiannaKennedy View Post
              Forgiven for real, lady.
              I'm anxiously awaiting these -- and hope that they include Fourth Form. I made some for LC, sweated over the formatting, then decided that I would just print them in a table, instead of sweating over printing on index cards. Printed them on cardstock, stuck them in my homeschool binder.

Went through the LC flash cards, putting them all in order, only to realize THAT THEY ARE CONTAINED WITHIN THE LC FLASHCARDS already.

It's like the equivalent of me asking random dumb questions here on the forum, only to be gently reminded that the thing I'm looking for is in the TM or Curriculum Guide. Argh.

Maybe by the time Rachel graduates, I'll have all of this under control.
              I felt the same way when I got to the back of my LC flashcards!! I hadn't realized there were grammar forms in there as well as all of the sayings. I had 3 rings of LC cards. The regular MP ones, ones with the saying for the week on them that I made DD make, and one with the grammar form. Poor DD is a guinea pig, maybe I'll get it all figured out by the time the baby is in school!
              ~Michelle

DD 13 (MP 8 - 4FL and Ref/Con through MPOA)
              DS 11 (MP 6 w/MPOA)
              DS 5 - MP K (My first Kindergartner with MP!!!)
              DD 2 - Board Books and Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by 3Blessings View Post
                I felt the same way when I got to the back of my LC flashcards!! I hadn't realized there were grammar forms in there as well as all of the sayings. I had 3 rings of LC cards. The regular MP ones, ones with the saying for the week on them that I made DD make, and one with the grammar form. Poor DD is a guinea pig, maybe I'll get it all figured out by the time the baby is in school!
                Right? Rachel will straight up tell you that she is completely the guinea pig. I tell her I was a rock star when she was my only student.

So glad to spy the weekly phrases. I was about to make my own cards for those, too.
                Plans for 2022-23

Year 12 of homeschooling with MP

DD1 - 27 - college grad, bakery owner
                DD2 - 16 - 11th grade - HLS Cottage School - online classes, looking at dual credit - equestrian and theatre
                DS3 - 14 -7A Cottage School - soccer/tennis -dyslexia and dysgraphia
                DS4 -14 - 7A Cottage School -soccer/tennis -auditory processing disorder
                DD5 - 10- 5A, Cottage School - inattentive ADHD - equestrian and tumbling
                DS6 - 9 - MP 1 - home with momma

Comment

You guys

Do you still anticipate these coming out this fall? We are trying to buckle down, and I realized I need to work on being more consistent with recitation. I would love to have something to make it a little easier!
                  ~Michelle

DS 11 (MP 6 w/MPOA)

Comment

Originally posted by 3Blessings View Post
                    Do you still anticipate these coming out this fall? We are trying to buckle down, and I realized I need to work on being more consistent with recitation. I would love to have something to make it a little easier!
                    Hopefully, but we are currently in the middle of moving offices so things are a little chaotic right now. I still think "fall" is a realistic goal, but it will definitely be towards the end of fall.

Comment

Hopefully, but we are currently in the middle of moving offices so things are a little chaotic right now. I still think "fall" is a realistic goal, but it will definitely be towards the end of fall.
                      Wonderful!! Thank you for the update!!
                      ~Michelle

DS 11 (MP 6 w/MPOA)

Comment

I just stumbled upon this thread and cannot wait! Thank you, MP, for continuing to make materials that help us be successful in homeschooling our children.
                        Brit - Catholic homeschooling mom to 5 - 3 big boys ('01, '03, and '06), daughter ('10 - Down syndrome), and one more boy ('15 - always wound up, and non-stop movement and noise)

Comment

Working...
                        X