Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6A: Basic Overview of the Ancient Greeks

Good morning all!

I'm preparing to wrap up our current core and move to 6A. I've found the review box works really well for us, so I'm preparing recitation cards for each week. In the first two weeks of the Recitation in the back of the curriculum guide, I see questions that reference the "Basic History of the Ancient Greeks", which I see is also included in the back of the curriculum guide.

I don't see this reading scheduled in the daily lesson plans. Any recommendations for scheduling this? Split it over two days? Read before even starting 6A?

Thanks!
    DD 14 - MP 9

Re: 6A: Basic Overview of the Ancient Greeks

Originally posted by hermione310 View Post
    Good morning all!

I'm preparing to wrap up our current core and move to 6A. I've found the review box works really well for us, so I'm preparing recitation cards for each week. In the first two weeks of the Recitation in the back of the curriculum guide, I see questions that reference the "Basic History of the Ancient Greeks", which I see is also included in the back of the curriculum guide.

I don't see this reading scheduled in the daily lesson plans. Any recommendations for scheduling this? Split it over two days? Read before even starting 6A?

Thanks!
    Hello,

You should see this Overview scheduled on Tuesday of Week 10, where it is the only written work of the day. (Two more verses of Horatius are also memorized.) Do you see that in your CM?

Comment

Found it!

Thank you, as always, for the very quick and helpful reply. I did find it in the curriculum guide. Since they don't complete the reading until week 10, I'll just move the recitation question to weeks 10 and 11 vs. weeks 1-2.

Thanks again!
      DD 14 - MP 9

Comment

Originally posted by hermione310 View Post
        Found it!

Thank you, as always, for the very quick and helpful reply. I did find it in the curriculum guide. Since they don't complete the reading until week 10, I'll just move the recitation question to weeks 10 and 11 vs. weeks 1-2.

Thanks again!
        Oops, I missed where you wrote that the recitation covers this material in Weeks 1-2. That is a remnant from an older pacing. We'll get that fixed; thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X