Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any changes/updates in curriculum for 3A and 6A?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any changes/updates in curriculum for 3A and 6A?

Thank you Courtney for the reminder about changes!

We bought the complete package for 3A back in 2015 (summer). I know Latin was updated, but not sure what else? I'm assuming I need a new curriculum manual as well. I hope I only need the consumable package for this one (although the price is close to the 3A I bought )!

How about 6A? Any planned updates for Fall this year?

Thank you!
    MG_
    ***3A and 6A cores for 2018-2019***

Re: Any changes/updates in curriculum for 3A and 6A?

I am thinking that 6A is as close as I can get to Stella's level. Thank you for posting this!
    JeJe Greer
    Mom to:
    Stella (6M in 2018-2019)
    Clara (SC3 in 2018-2019)

Comment

Originally posted by MG_ View Post
      Thank you Courtney for the reminder about changes!

We bought the complete package for 3A back in 2015 (summer). I know Latin was updated, but not sure what else? I'm assuming I need a new curriculum manual as well. I hope I only need the consumable package for this one (although the price is close to the 3A I bought )!

How about 6A? Any planned updates for Fall this year?

Thank you!
      MG_
      Good morning,

There are no further updates planned for this summer.

in 3A, there are new editions of Latina Christiana and Poetry for the Grammar Stage. Mr. Popper's Penguins might be new for 3rd, too. (I don't remember when we added it!) Since your 3A is a several years old, I'd recommend calling or emailing to pace this order That way, one of our reps can walk with you subject by subject and make sure you get exactly what you need. We can also replace your previously-purchased CM at no charge because of the package updates we've made.

HTH!
      Michael
      Memoria Press

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        Good morning,

in 3A, there are new editions of Latina Christiana and Poetry for the Grammar Stage. Mr. Popper's Penguins might be new for 3rd, too. (I don't remember when we added it!) Since your 3A is a several years old, I'd recommend calling or emailing to pace this order That way, one of our reps can walk with you subject by subject and make sure you get exactly what you need. We can also replace your previously-purchased CM at no charge because of the package updates we've made.

HTH!
        Fantastic! Thank you for your reply Michael.

Comment

We won't be reprinting this year. It will depend on how much we sell this summer! But even when we reprint, you will be fine. We are mainly removing the references to Everything You Need to Know ... from the teacher guide, but you will still have them since you own the teacher already.

Tanya

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            Good morning,

HTH!
            Michael,

Can you let me know about the changes to the Poetry for the Grammar Stage? The boys will be taking FB, CW, and the Moffats in the Cottage School, so I THINK mine will line up OK.
            DD #1 : 23, college GRADUATE
            DD #2 : 12 MP 7A - HLS Cottage School Louisville, MPOA
            DS #3 : 10, MP3M+Simply Classical4; HLS Cottage School Louisville
            DS #4 : 10, MP3M+Simply Classical4; HLS Cottage School Louisville
            DD #5: 6, MP 1 at HLS
            DS #6: 4, cutest caboose on the loose
            http://www.thekennedyadventures.com

Comment

Dianna,

Michael is on a plane, so I'll take this one. We added poetry for the 4th grade literature selections. That is the major change. If you are doing accelerated, you will never need the new poems. Also, we had to remove "The Dwarves' Song" because we can't get permission from the Tolkiens to publish it. So we just tell you to read it directly from The Hobbit.

Tanya

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
                We won't be reprinting this year. It will depend on how much we sell this summer! But even when we reprint, you will be fine. We are mainly removing the references to Everything You Need to Know ... from the teacher guide, but you will still have them since you own the teacher already.

Tanya
                Thank you Tanya!

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
                  Dianna,

Michael is on a plane, so I'll take this one. We added poetry for the 4th grade literature selections. That is the major change. If you are doing accelerated, you will never need the new poems. Also, we had to remove "The Dwarves' Song" because we can't get permission from the Tolkiens to publish it. So we just tell you to read it directly from The Hobbit.

Tanya
                  Yay! Thank you!
                  DD #1 : 23, college GRADUATE
                  DD #2 : 12 MP 7A - HLS Cottage School Louisville, MPOA
                  DS #3 : 10, MP3M+Simply Classical4; HLS Cottage School Louisville
                  DS #4 : 10, MP3M+Simply Classical4; HLS Cottage School Louisville
                  DD #5: 6, MP 1 at HLS
                  DS #6: 4, cutest caboose on the loose
                  http://www.thekennedyadventures.com

Comment

I have a first edition set of Poetry for the Grammar Stage. I need to add another student workbook. We will be doing Simply Classical 5/6.

Can I just buy the newest edition of the workbook and be good or do I need to buy a whole new set?

How is the new anthology used? Do I need one?
                    Married to DH for 13 years. Living the rural life in the Colorado mountains

DS10- Simply Classical 4 / Grade 3 Classic Core,
                    DD8- Grade 2 Classic Core,
                    DD 6- Classic Core Kindergarten

Comment

Originally posted by Colomama View Post
                      I have a first edition set of Poetry for the Grammar Stage. I need to add another student workbook. We will be doing Simply Classical 5/6.

Can I just buy the newest edition of the workbook and be good or do I need to buy a whole new set?

How is the new anthology used? Do I need one?
                      Good morning,

No, you do not need the purchase a whole new set. Once you place your order, just email sales@memoriapress.com and let us know if you have the 1st or 2nd edition teacher manual. We can then send you the key for the few poems that will be in the 3rd edition student book but not in your key.

The anthology is simply all of the poems in Poetry for the Grammar Stage collected together in a small book that we hope will become a keepsake, with students re-reading their favorite poems even years after they finish the program. The poems have not been taken out of the guides, so the anthology is not required.

HTH!
                      Michael
                      Memoria Press

Comment

Working...
                      X